Female or male

amberjane1006

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
south wales
Hey guys I'm wondering if you can help sex my tortoise, I was bathing it earlier and this pink thing came out it wasn't as long as my mother in laws male Indian star's penis, I always thought she was a girl as she has grown really fast, it is about 2 years old now so I would appreciate some feedback.ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1415043778.258120.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1415043793.089968.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1415043803.491217.jpg

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
That's the thing with young specimens. They appear one sex and are the other. Whether it has a flat plastron and a penis(clearly shown in the 1st pic) defines it as a male 100%

Star-of-India

10 Year Member!
Yup, a male without doubt. It'll start to look more male and its member will enlarge. Once they start flashing I'll bet they're going through a major hormonal surge -testosterone that is.

Two of my three 'females' just started flashing and their plastrons are beginning to become convex. I was bummed, but they're still very nice torts. I'll either have to enlarge the herd or do some trading at some point. No rush for me.

Doug

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
So. now are you looking for couple female star???

Star-of-India

10 Year Member!
Not actively, Bouaboua. I have just moved and need to set up sufficient space for more. Next year sometime. Do you have females available?