Leopard Tortoise Male or Female?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TillyTianasMummy

5 Year Member
Hi there!
I have a 6 year old Leopard and was lead to believe that she was a female. Twice this week when she has passed a stool I have noticed something pink coming from her tail that I've never seen before. When I googled it, everyone seemed to think that it was my tort flashing a penis?! OR a prolapse? It doesn't matter to me either way male or female but can anyone help please?
Thanks
P.S I will try to post some pics of the shell/tail for you to help determine the sex

Jacob

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
Yes, Post Pictures it will Be Easier to Determine :)

TillyTianasMummy

5 Year Member
Hope these pics work!
okay guys, so whaddya think? male or female?

Attachments

• tilly1.jpg
    tilly1.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 326
  • tilly2.jpg
    tilly2.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 288
  • tilly3.jpg
    tilly3.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 260
  • tilly4.jpg
    tilly4.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 239

TillyTianasMummy

5 Year Member
I'm thinking Male too! So you reckon my princess is now definitely a prince? Tilly may now becom Leo! Feels very strange after a year of thinking we had a little girl haha! THANKYOU very much for all your help :)

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Yes, a very nice lookin' prince! It happens to the best of us tortoise lovers. These torts just like to surprise us lol.

The Speedmister

5 Year Member
UK
Hi,

We are pretty much 100% sure that Speedy (a 4 year old Russian) is a boy, but I was wondering about something. Every time he excretes, something that looks like a pinky/brown, slippery poo half comes out and then shoots back in. I used to think is was just tomorrows poo that wasn't ready yet (I know, I've learnt a lot recently!) but now I am sure it is 'flashing'. Is he old enough? Is it prolapse?

I would really appreciate ANY ideas as I am worried it could be a problem.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.