Fast growing trees .com

Quadro

Location (City and/or State)
SC
I was just wondering has any one ordered from fast growing trees.com before ? I seen that they have mulberry trees that I can plant and my torts can eat from them . The reviews seem decent and they are in SC .

Loohan

5 Year Member
North-Central Arkansas
Yes, it so happens i ordered a Fuyu persimmon and Russian Red pomegranate last January, got them, planted them. Seem like quality plants. The persimmon is leafing out now.

Quadro

SC
Yes, it so happens i ordered a Fuyu persimmon and Russian Red pomegranate last January, got them, planted them. Seem like quality plants. The persimmon is leafing out now.
That’s good to know I may order the mulberry tree for my tortoises then see how it does but I’ll wait and see . I also seen the ice cream banana tree I’d like to try and I believe torts can eat banana leaves as well .

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Hhhm. Everytime I go to the trees.com website it looks more like a search engine instead of a real store with trees. Is that the full URL ?

Quadro

SC
Hhhm. Everytime I go to the trees.com website it looks more like a search engine instead of a real store with trees. Is that the full URL ?
fastgrowingtrees.com ?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
fastgrowingtrees.com ?

aaaaagh. Thnks. I didnt realize that “fast growing” was part of the Companys name!

yep, thats it.

Loohan

5 Year Member
North-Central Arkansas

I have to take back what i said. I do not recommend them. The persimmon is doing fine. I waited until end of Feb to plant it. The "Siberian" pomegranate died down to the ground despite a mild winter. I had paid $12 for a 1-yr warranty, so i requested a refund using their form, submitted photos.
Heard nothing back. A month later i nudged them and they claimed they had no record of my request, and requested photos again.
Then i was told that the 1-yr warranty (which i never read details of and don't recall if fine print was ever offered -- certainly i never checked off that i had read it) meant that i only can get STORE CREDIT for the item price.

The context is, the pomegranate originally cost $30, but actually it was much cheaper as by buying it i exceeded the minumum for free shipping!
Now instead of simply sending me a new tree as i assumed they would, they wanted me to pay $50 including my store credit (the price of the same tree in same size pot had meanwhile jumped $20!) plus shipping.

I bitched about that and requested a refund of my $12 warranty fee, as i was dissatisfied with it and would not use it. They REFUSED! but said they would make an exception this one time and waive my shipping fee. So i could get by with an extra $20 additional to get another tree, and was that satisfactory?
Upon asking this question she closed the thread so that i got error messages replying to it, telling me to go to the site and start a new thread.

Anyway i cut my losses and will no longer buy from them. The ARROGANCE!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I have to take back what i said. I do not recommend them. The persimmon is doing fine. I waited until end of Feb to plant it. The "Siberian" pomegranate died down to the ground despite a mild winter. I had paid $12 for a 1-yr warranty, so i requested a refund using their form, submitted photos.
Heard nothing back. A month later i nudged them and they claimed they had no record of my request, and requested photos again.
Then i was told that the 1-yr warranty (which i never read details of and don't recall if fine print was ever offered -- certainly i never checked off that i had read it) meant that i only can get STORE CREDIT for the item price.

The context is, the pomegranate originally cost $30, but actually it was much cheaper as by buying it i exceeded the minumum for free shipping!
Now instead of simply sending me a new tree as i assumed they would, they wanted me to pay $50 including my store credit (the price of the same tree in same size pot had meanwhile jumped $20!) plus shipping.

I bitched about that and requested a refund of my $12 warranty fee, as i was dissatisfied with it and would not use it. They REFUSED! but said they would make an exception this one time and waive my shipping fee. So i could get by with an extra $20 additional to get another tree, and was that satisfactory?
Upon asking this question she closed the thread so that i got error messages replying to it, telling me to go to the site and start a new thread.

Poor customer service is just a bad idea all around. These idiots just showed 66,277 potential tree buying customers that they go back on their word, can't be trusted, and won't do the right thing. I was considering buying from them, but I'm not now. I'll take my business to my local nurseries and special order whatever I need.

Thank you for the update.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I have purchased a few times. Plants/trees smaller then described and none of them lasted more then the spring/summer I got them.
Granted I was trying to grow what was said to be cold hardy for my zone and I dont have a green thumb.

turtlesteve

10 Year Member!
Where in SC are you? Should not be that hard to find a mulberry tree... I have some extra red mulberry seedlings.

As a side note, “cold hardy” plants can still get killed by freezes. Pomegranate is a very challenging grow here, as are many other plants from climates with lots of oceanic influence. They are cold tolerant but only when dormant. Freezes kill when such plants are tricked out of dormancy by warm weather, so the warm winters are higher risk than cold ones. Plants that are not from continental climates don’t like wild temperature swings.

I have a “Russian” pomegranate that dies to the ground every year. Supposedly there are mature, fruiting trees in SC but I've had minimal success.

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
not a fan. I think if you are looking at their "fancier" trees you should move on. If want want something to occupy space and don't care what it looks like or if it produces anything then they are your place.

Braeden p

Pottstown PA
Man I have two mulberry trees my next door friends have 5 maybe should sell leaves at a bargain price on Etsy both are full grown.

Loohan

5 Year Member
North-Central Arkansas
Man I have two mulberry trees my next door friends have 5 maybe should sell leaves at a bargain price on Etsy both are full grown.

Just be sure no bad pesticides have been used on the lawn or trees.

When i was a tree trimmer in Austin, red mulberries were one of the trees that would tend to sprout up everywhere and need to be cut down. Some people would plant "seedless" (male) ones because otherwise the berries would attract birds which would poop on the concrete.

Also i think the roots tend to seek out sewage drainpipes. Mulberries like a lot of nutrients if they can get it.

Braeden p

Pottstown PA
Just be sure no bad pesticides have been used on the lawn or trees.

When i was a tree trimmer in Austin, red mulberries were one of the trees that would tend to sprout up everywhere and need to be cut down. Some people would plant "seedless" (male) ones because otherwise the berries would attract birds which would poop on the concrete.

Also i think the roots tend to seek out sewage drainpipes. Mulberries like a lot of nutrients if they can get it.
We don’t use pesticides and now sewer near by one has berries one does not.

Quadro

SC

I’m sorry you had a terrible experience with them . So far mine has been a positive one I bought two mulberry trees and they’ve grown at least 5 or more inches and my banana trees have grown at least 3 new leaves on each tree . I guess I just got lucky ?‍♀️

Loohan

5 Year Member
North-Central Arkansas
To be fair, they DID send a 29.95 "gift card" which is supposedly good for 1 year that i can credit toward anything they sell. But it seems their prices start at 29.95 plus shipping, and there is nothing i crave to plant now on their site. But i've got a year to mull it over.