Fall rain is such a buzzkill.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Paisan

5 Year Member
Hi from Oregon. Our almost summer is apparently coming to an abrupt end. It is @ 64 and rainy today and tomorrow. I feel so bad for Frankie as it is back to the tort table. No more wonderful tort frolic outside all day. She has loved her outside digs-althought we laughed as some days all she did was try to figure a way out of her larger outside space. She looks so healthy from the time outside too-very bright eyes & shell. She is taking the weather change hard. Or maybe it is just the darkness as her activity is less. Temps in the table are good....it is just the approach of autumn here her activity is noticeably less particularly in the late afternoon.

We are adapting to my return to work full-time. I have some good late summer pics of the kids & Frankie. I will post soon. I am not looking forward to determining if we are hibernating or not this year. Not to mention the stir crazy kids, cat, & tortoise scenario in the house..... Sometimes all walking around in the kitchen....

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Ok 2p ...... we shall keep the inflatible and life rings on stand~by'...just in case Frankie comes " afloat " ;)

JD~:)

PS....Gotta dig the " buzz kill" ...that word brings back to my younger days! :shy:

dolfanjack

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Dallas Oregon
What part of Oregon? I'm near Salem. Tortuga and Irie have hated these rainy days, and me too, so muggy. i'm just hoping for better weather later on, keep your fingers crossed. Jack

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Nancy and Chris....Yup, it's very sad for my Pio too. I finally had to bring him in this week. Nights here are now in the low 60's and day's in the low 70's. Sometimes I feel so bad for him, missing all that space, and sunshine and goodies to munch on whenever he wanted....worms to find....some slugs too. Times like this I wish I lived in Florida or someplace warmer ........but then I don't think about it any more and go shopping. :D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Once again living in California I have to ask what is "fall"?

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
dmmj said:
Once again living in California I have to ask what is "fall"?

Well for you and Matt ... not sure your Magic Ca spot you live in ... but here IN So.CA... huntington beach to be exact ... it was 77 today (very nice ) ... but the nights are getting chilly ...58 . And in my BOOK way to COLD .. for torts to be outside (with no heated hide) ... unless you like dealing with RNS.

JD~:D

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Arlington TX.
I'm in Texas JD. It's still in the mid 90s every day. We usually don't really get cold until February. Our winters are pretty mild. Last winter we did get a record snow fall, it's just unheard of around here.
100_1933.jpg

100_1993.jpg

That's a lot of snow to us! Ha!

-Matt

TortieGal

5 Year Member
Oregon
Another Oregonian here, I agree a real buzz kill! Rain Rain Rain. Herman my Sulcata seems to be pretty content but matilda my Russian is upset she wants outside! She perks up when she see's me like she thinks I'm going to take her out. :( Well we should get a little sunshine this week. Shopping sounds good.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Its not Fall yet!!! Stop saying that. I hate Fall. The only thing I hate worse than Fall is Winter. We are still 85-90 and sunny everyday up here in the desert, North of Los Angeles. Chilly nights, but perfect tortoise weather during the days.

Now, what is this "rain" all you people speak of? That kind of sounds familiar. I think I saw that once... in another state.

Now as far as that "snow" that Matt's talking about, I see that all the time. We make it on the movie sets regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.