Eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Ontario, CA
I just noticed on my black and one of brown mountain have some kind of cyst on left side of their eyes. Doesn't look like it is bothering them, but is it something I should be worrying about?

ImageUploadedByTortForum1367899970.131788.jpg

ImageUploadedByTortForum1367899987.781881.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
I would keep an eye on it see if it gets any bigger if it does I would go to the vet

emysbreeder

5 Year Member
Doug said:
I just noticed on my black and one of brown mountain have some kind of cyst on left side of their eyes. Doesn't look like it is bothering them, but is it something I should be worrying about?

could it have been bittin by a cage mate/ Also Captive Mt.Tortoises uselly have a more protruding scales on the front legs .So, some can stick out to far instead of laying down flat. Look at the tortoise as his front legs fold up by the head and if a scale is protruding enough to rub or touch the eye. If it does that could be a hard thing to fix without a lot of thought. Let us know. Vic

gregcalverley0327

10 Year Member!
What's your setup like? Four temps, substrate? What kind of UVB bulb?

0.3.0 sulcata tortoise
(Manavi, aspen, Bronx)
1.0.0 Russian tortoise
(Ivan)
1 Great Dane
(Koko)

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Doug, looks like an injury...I would certainly keep it clean and hydrated by gentle warm water soaks...and yes, it could have been an injury inflicted by a partner in the same enclosure...do you keep a pair or do you have more in one enclosure? How are they each doing--one more active while another recluse?

Doug

10 Year Member!
Ontario, CA
The eye on my brown mountain cleared up. The cyst on the black Mountain fell off but still have a sore there. Looks like its getting better. He's still very active and eats everything in sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.