• Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Big brown...

Morcomshane

Location (City and/or State)
USA
So, I'm pretty sure my wife is gonna kill me. I recently purchased a brown mountain tortoise but maybe she will understand when she sees em.
So my question is aimed at the local Pennsylvania residents.
If I make it to the winter time, could I see some indoor mountain tortoise enclosures.
Hell be outside for summer and such. Just looking for some inspiration
Thanks

EllieMay

East Texas
I would love to see pics of the tortoise please.. I do t believe I’ve ever seen a mountain tortoise???

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
Congratulations on your new Mee, Need to know size of your new guy to help you.

I live in NE Ohio and have had my Mee's for 10 years, all the way from 1 and 2 year olds to egg producing adults. You have to be dedicated in order to make it work. Their winter quarters takes up one full half of my basement.

drew54

Indiana
I'm so jealousI really can't wait to see your pics and its enclosure!

Morcomshane

USA
Snapped a few more before work today. 20181011_110352.jpeg20181011_110357.jpeg

Just curious If I need lights. Found conflicting info online about this specific tort

EllieMay

East Texas
He is adorable... I can’t offer you any advise on the mountain tortoises though.. I have Sulcatas... I bet your Wife loves him already:) Out of all my pets, I think my husband loves the torts the most... and he doesn’t like any of them[emoji16]

N

no one

Congrats on your little Mee!! Looks so very cute... How old is he? I can see the egg tooth indeed.
Hope you keep posting updates and pictures. Would love to follow his growth. Or her growth, haha... enjoy!!

Edit: I see no growth lines yet, so really still a baby.

Morcomshane

USA
Congrats on your little Mee!! Looks so very cute... How old is he? I can see the egg tooth indeed.
Hope you keep posting updates and pictures. Would love to follow his growth. Or her growth, haha... enjoy!!

Edit: I see no growth lines yet, so really still a baby.
Oh yes, sorry didnt see this
Yes definitely a baby. Idk exact hatch date.
Still doing good. Eats like a champ.

Morcomshane

USA
Thank you. I'm very much looking forward to the growth and day to day with this little one which we named Dobby.