Eyes not normal

Braeden p

Location (City and/or State)
Pottstown PA
I went to feed my Russian tortoise and her eyes where closed more than normal and they still are and look really watery please help I am really worried she has not had food for three days because I kept forgetting to tell my mom to get Betty food when she went to the store and she kept forgetting I think I should give Betty away to someone who can care for her properly.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    594.5 KB · Views: 31

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I went to feed my Russian tortoise and her eyes where closed more than normal and they still are and look really watery please help I am really worried she has not had food for three days because I kept forgetting to tell my mom to get Betty food when she went to the store and she kept forgetting I think I should give Betty away to someone who can care for her properly.
What substrate is the tortoise on?
What type of UV bulb are you using?

You should have some Mazuri on hand for those times when the fresh greens run out.

If you don't want the tortoise and aren't able to give it good care, then yes, give Betty to someone who will take good care of her.

Braeden p

Pottstown PA
It is a mix of coco coir and reptibark i don’t know what type of bulb it is but I will look it up and I will try to get some mazuri I love Betty I don’t want to give her away but I don’t think hint a can take care of her, her pen is too small and I am not allowed to build a bigger pen because my parents say that she doesn’t need a bigger pen because she can go out side and on the floor but the floor is bad but they just say that it is fine but I don’t let her on the floor because it is bad and she can only go out side during summer. There I should the light the camera can see inside it but I only see a bright white but the camera show lines a what looks like filament.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    486.5 KB · Views: 15

SasquatchTortoise

Forth Worth, Texas
It sounds like your parents don't want her/ thought she would be a temporary pet. I hate to say this, But I think you need to give her away if no one will support you. I know it is hard, but she may be better off

Braeden p

Pottstown PA
They won’t let me get rid of Betty but now Betty is way better and is eating normally and now look fine I think that it might Be that she was tired being fed at 10

SasquatchTortoise

Forth Worth, Texas
10 in the morning or at night? If at nighttime, her eyes may look swollen. You must be more careful and have a certain feeding time every day

Braeden p

Pottstown PA
at night she ran out of food it was my fault i forgot to tell my parents to get more food when they went to the store

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
They won’t let me get rid of Betty but now Betty is way better and is eating normally and now look fine I think that it might Be that she was tired being fed at 10

just make sure she doesn’t have a respiratory infection. (Watery eyes runny nose...etc.... if so raise up her temps!
Do you have a CHE bulb for at night for heat? They give off no light only heat.
They have cheaper ones... this was just an example...

Attachments

• 14F98893-F23C-4F2E-81BC-DEC4435B552A.png
    14F98893-F23C-4F2E-81BC-DEC4435B552A.png
    135.7 KB · Views: 0

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
just make sure she doesn’t have a respiratory infection. (Watery eyes runny nose...etc.... if so raise up her temps!
Do you have a CHE bulb for at night for heat? They give off no light only heat.
They have cheaper ones... this was just an example...

Also look up on this forum for Toms “care sheet” . It’s GREAT reading and will teach you everything you need to know! ?
Good luck to you my friend.
I don’t want you to get rid of Betty!!! She sounds wonderful!! Just stay on this forum for the RIGHT advice. We can help you and be there for ANY questions you might have now and in the future..
Also..... WE know what you are going through....
I can’t find the care sheet for you but if you just go up to the “search bar” look up care sheets for your little one or look up watery eyes. Many others have come here with the same problem and have gotten help quickly.
All my best,
A tort lover.. ??❤️??

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Also look up on this forum for Toms “care sheet” . It’s GREAT reading and will teach you everything you need to know! ?
Good luck to you my friend.
I don’t want you to get rid of Betty!!! She sounds wonderful!! Just stay on this forum for the RIGHT advice. We can help you and be there for ANY questions you might have now and in the future..
Also..... WE know what you are going through....
I can’t find the care sheet for you but if you just go up to the “search bar” look up care sheets for your little one or look up watery eyes. Many others have come here with the same problem and have gotten help quickly.
All my best,
A tort lover.. ??❤??

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

found it!!! ?. I’m not as old as I look and feel!!?????????