extremely underwight HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agne

Boxies are often inclined to eat at dawn and dusk. Leave food in overnight if you aren't an early riser, and see if that makes a difference. An hour in a food enclosure doesn't work. Thats for aqautics. They hunt throughout the day when temps permit. A long term captive will be more inclined to eat when you feed it after you establish the patterns. This one was starved, so what'd he learned before is not helping you both
he came from some guy we don't really know he also gave us a female also wery thin but shes eating well

domalle

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
What a beautiful animal! Sometimes they feel light because they need a drink. This guy shows no sign of starvation, dehydration (sunken eyes) or ill health.
He looks like a perfect specimen. I think he just needs time to settle in to his new situation. You may be rushing him a bit.
You might want to smear a little cod liver oil around his mouth to stimulate his appetite.

Agne

image.jpg Now she drinks and eats a lot so she gained a lot of weight in the past month

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    653.8 KB · Views: 4

Agne

Can we get a picture of her, too?
View attachment 145850
View attachment 145851
View attachment 145852
View attachment 145853
View attachment 145854
View attachment 145855

Soak turtle food pellets in tuna water instead of warm water and let them absorb the tuna water completely. Offer that. Nice and smelly.
I recently rescued two boxies both underweight and with minor mostly healed injuries. I offer food twice a day. Very bright and colorful slightly overripe fruits, super wiggly night crawlers, and soaked overnight in either tuna water or the juices from a cantaloupe greens to mask the 'icky greens smell' all my boxies seem to pick up immediately. I also do the tuna water instead of warm water commercial turtle food (a mix of Mazuri, rep-cal, and omega one). They're starting to get weight back on.
may you send me more or the websites of these recipies