experts please help me identify sex of y two new stars!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

panky

5 Year Member
hello everyone !! i bought two new star tortoises, seller told me that its male n female pair...however i would lyk to confirm it...there r plenty experts who are having stars as a pet for quite a some time....any help would be helpful...thankz in advance....!!![/font]

Attachments

• tiny.jpg
    tiny.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 78
  • pinky.jpg
    pinky.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 67

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Well. First off they are still too small to be 100% accurate. They each do show signs of a possible mal/female ratio. Still to young to be certain though. I have had stars look female and end up being male around 5" so its never certain till they mature. Looks like a pair to me at this point on a guess.

panky

5 Year Member
hey thanks kelly for quick reply...ur reply well noted...can you tell me aproximate age of them?

panky

5 Year Member
here are some pics of my new baby stars... tiny n pinky :))

Attachments

• pinky.jpg
    pinky.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 19
  • side view.jpg
    side view.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 21
  • top view.jpg
    top view.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 29

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York
Hi, Can you tell me the size and take a photo of the top and front of their shells?

~C

CLMoss said:
Hi, Can you tell me the size and take a photo of the top and front of their shells?

~C

CLMoss said:

~C

CLMoss said:

~C

Also, how much do they weigh?

panky

5 Year Member
hi clmoss...i dunno hw much they weigh....vl check it...pics are already there....:)

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York
Pic of the top of their shells.

Oh, I see! Your Stars are very young. Less than 6 months. Soak them in warm water every morning before you feed them. I can send you a culture sheet. Also, you will need a scale to make sure they are growing well.

~C

Status
Not open for further replies.