Expecting Father!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New York
Hello Everyone! I've been kinda "lurking" on the forum for a about a week but I finally decided to poke my head out of my shell ;) My name is Anthony and I'm from Warwick, NY. In the past I had a pretty good deal of experience w/reptiles (red bearded dragons, parsons chameleons, red leopard chameleons, frilled dragons, and cayman island iguanas, black roughneck monitors, and one baby sulcata) and small mammals (hedgehogs & dama wallabies). Most of this experience took place in the mid-late 90's so my knowledge is outdated. When I went to college I was forced to sell my entire collection. I hesitate to call them that b/c they really meant so much more to me but, I was VERY fortunate b/c a zoo in Baltimore, MD took them all in. 15yrs later I am ready to purchase 2 new baby sulcatas. The money has been sent, the enclosure has been built, and I'm ready to take on the commitment of being a Torto-dad! I'm hoping to take delivery somewhere around August 9th. I feel like I've found a reputable breeder (found him right here on the forum). I apologize in advance for the 1,000,000 questions that I will be asking but I just want to be well informed. Hope that wasn't too long winded :)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Welcome to the forum
Enjoy your visits and ask away

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
wow, you were extremely lucky for a zoo to take your critters.. must have been an awsome collection.. do you ever get the change to go see where they are?

i guess after 15 years.. only the sulcata and maybe the cayman would still be around...:)

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
Laura said:
wow, you were extremely lucky for a zoo to take your critters.. must have been an awsome collection.. do you ever get the change to go see where they are?

i guess after 15 years.. only the sulcata and maybe the cayman would still be around...:)

Laura,
They called me 1x about 2 days later to thank me but that's about it. The hedge hogs (3.3) and my female dama (sniff sniff :() went to a woman in TX. She did keep in touch for awhile but like with most acquaintances we lost contact. You are right though... I was VERY lucky to find them all good homes.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Anthony:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
Heya....sorry to here about your 'collection'...
I do not know anything about sulcatas except the very basics which are almost the same for every tort (ie...they eat veg..)
^ thats all the info i can give you on sulcatas as i own a redfoot tortoise but just dropped by to say...
Welcome to TFO if theres questions that need answering www.tortoiseforum.org << < << << Is the place to go....BOOKMARK! :tort :tort:

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Welcome to the forum! And ask away, the only bad question is the one that didn't get asked! These people on here are the most helpfull people around! Have a great day!

81SHOVELHEAD

5 Year Member
Galveston TX
Welcome Anthony .
You have found the right place to have any questions you may have answered here .
Very freindly & knowledgable people here ,
Mike D.

Status
Not open for further replies.