New Tortoise Parent!! All advice is welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynchman18

5 Year Member
Hello everybody! My name is Steve and I live in Northern California, Redding area. I recently purchased a baby Red-Footed Tortoise and I am very excited to have my first tortoise ever!. I have a lot of experience with snakes, and bearded dragons. I currently have 7 Snakes of different varieties and 3 beautiful bearded dragons. My wife has always enjoyed my bearded dragons but isn't so fond of snakes hehe. She's always wanted a tortoise so for Mother's Day (Today) my son got my wife her(our) first tortoise.

Not knowing a whole lot about tortoises any help, suggestions, advice and/or general comments and pictures would be awesome. Our little Red Foot doesn't have a name yet but he's the most adorable little tortoise ever! Do all tortoises bob their head and move their legs in and out of the shell repeatedly? I don't know tortoise mannerism's so i'm not sure what that means when he does it.

Steve[/font]

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) You can also check out the tortoiselibrary.com, a members site and good info on RF.

The head and leg bobbing is normal.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Steve, and welcome to the Forum!

Vitality

5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum !! My greek tortoise does the same head and leg bobbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.