Expanding enclosure, next size up?

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
I know I’m going to need to expand soon for my leopard tortoise, he will be 4 years old in March. However, I have limited space and I was wondering what the next size up would be form a 2’x4’ enclosure/ any flexible arrangements that are also cost effective? My current enclosure is built from PVC and is a closed chamber. I can’t have an enclosure outside because of the climate.

(Enclosure currently sits in my dresser which is roughly 5’ long)

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
You need to figure out how 2 bigger torts can live outside thru your crappy winters...do you have a yard? I live in the PNW where winters get cold, however.. not like your's...but still...all next week we will be in the low 20's Your RedFoots will get bigger then animals can live in your bedroom...they need to walk around a yard and do torty stuff.
Here is my tort shed containing 3 torts. They are stuck here in the winter...I open the doggie door for the big Sulcata daily, sometimes she goes out and sometimes she doesn't. My other 2 tortoises are too small for snow. However, ALL my tortoises are put outside on some days.100_6489.JPG100_6499.JPG
I keep box turtles as well, and they do fine in the house for winter,but I don't believe that bigger torts need kept inside. Just my experience and opinion...and I am not an expert...just showing you what I do

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
At four years your tort should be big enough to live outside 24/7 in the summer months. In winter he now needs a room size enclosure or a heated shed.
I'm in Chicago almost same weather. My two leopards live separated in a heated insulated shed that is the size of a single stall garage. That same shed is their night time sleeping quarters in the summer months.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You need to figure out how 2 bigger torts can live outside thru your crappy winters...do you have a yard? I live in the PNW where winters get cold, however.. not like your's...but still...all next week we will be in the low 20's Your RedFoots will get bigger then animals can live in your bedroom...they need to walk around a yard and do torty stuff.
Here is my tort shed containing 3 torts. They are stuck here in the winter...I open the doggie door for the big Sulcata daily, sometimes she goes out and sometimes she doesn't. My other 2 tortoises are too small for snow. However, ALL my tortoises are put outside on some days.View attachment 352403View attachment 352404
I keep box turtles as well, and they do fine in the house for winter,but I don't believe that bigger torts need kept inside. Just my experience and opinion...and I am not an expert...just showing you what I do
What two tortoises? I seen where they mention one almost 4 year old leopard not RF?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Oh heck! I'm sorry
No need to be sorry. I know you have RF on your brain right now.
I actually forgot it was you and that you changed you name. If I had remembered, I might have had a more smart arse remark lol