Expanding their enclosure

TLWR

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Baldwin Co, Alabama
The boxies are in a ~6x10 enclosure outside. Then we had babies. Then this year we noticed more babies than we thought we had.
I've been weeding what was the old dog, then duck pen each time I come home. This time I said enough of the weeding, time to expand the turtle pen to just take it all over since we have more turtles than we though.

Pen we built a few years ago
IMG_7846_zps08de61ad.jpg

early this spring (the pineapple sage has gown huge and you can't see much of the bottom half of the picture now)
20150423_153535_zps3xjmc4sr.jpg

after I weed the pen this week after coming home - and giving up lol
turtle1_zpsoyha7jef.jpg

progress - I dug up 10' along the far fence about 3' wide the other day. This morning the pen sides went up, the tyvek down and moved the dirt back on top and then started to dig up the next strip
turtle2_zpseteed0iv.jpg

DH was thinking we just expand to the side to the fence. I decided since we don't use that pen for the dog or the ducks we'd expand a bit more since i was just going to dig it up and tyvek to keep the weeds down anyway, so we'll expand out to where the old duck hut is.
turtle3_zps4sblvbxk.jpg

Once we get the dirt up and tyvek down (best weed block ever!) and dirt back down, we'll figure out where the new pond is going. But it is stinkin hot out, so that's it for progress today

TLWR

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Baldwin Co, Alabama
No idea. I thought Sammy was an Eastern as she looks like the turtles I remember seeing as a kid in NY, but as I look at details about them, I have no idea. And not sure about Clementine either.
The babies - no clue which one laid eggs or if maybe from both.

Enclosure is enclosed, but not finished.
Sammy and Clementine checking out rock mountain.
turtle5_zpseblcdlhw.jpg

They seem quite happy with the expanded space so far and have been cruising around.
Need to install their new pond and get some plants in there.
turtle4_zpsm7vy46ke.jpg