Exo terra light cycle unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

micaelalovesmolly

5 Year Member
Hello
Does anybody have a exo terra light cycle unit I'm thinking of buying one but I'm not quit sure if its good and what does it do exactly . Is it worth buying ???
Thanks

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Just read about it. Don't have one. It can't be used with the mvb bulbs. Doesn't sound bad, but not sure if its worth the price. I paid too much for one of the aquarium/reptile timer electrical strips. Hard to use and didn't last as long as a cheaper regular timer strip that I found at Home Depot for 20.00. http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...mer+eclectic+strip&storeId=10051#.UQ1KmxG9KSM
Does not dim though.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
micaelalovesmolly said:
Hello
Does anybody have a exo terra light cycle unit I'm thinking of buying one but I'm not quit sure if its good and what does it do exactly . Is it worth buying ???
Thanks

The idea behind them is that in nature, there is no on/off switch. The sun doesn't just turn on. The light level gradually increases/decreases at dawn/dusk. This aims to simulate that.

Sterling Thunder

5 Year Member
Ashburn, VA
If you are using repti sun, no, get the regular controller and a timer, if regular non mob bulbs yes, they work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.