Excited for new enclosure to arrive!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Manchester, UK
So, I have a 17 month old Leopard Tortoise (Milly) who has outgrown her Zoomed Tortoise House. 2 of these 'houses' can be connected by removing the panel at the end... so I'm doubling up!!

If anybody doesn't know the enclosure im talking about, it can be found here:

http://zoomed.com/db/products/EntryDetail.php?EntryID=245&DatabaseID=2&SearchID=5

I have found a great way of connecting the two securely, by adding horizontal clasps:

good idea!.jpg

I will be sure to show a before and after when the extension home arrives! Im so excited! More room will allow more hiding places and a range of temps (not that she doesnt have them already of course!). Looking to include some live plants and things to climb on to build her muscles as she currently only has a log which she loves.

Will update soon! Should be here next week :D Cant wait to see her roam around in it and stretch her lil legs.

125 - 13.02.13 - Waterbowl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Lasciels Toy

5 Year Member
Florida
I'm sure she'll love the extra space. I see what they mean by infected, all these pictures of leopards makes me one want as well >.<

On a side note, this is the first picture of those enclosures I've seen up close. There's really not much to them is there? 1"x1 3/4" strips, mortised out for 1/4" luon panels. Luon base, you can even see the brads they used to tie the corners together hmm

....sorry, I'm always curious how other peoples woodwork goes together :p

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Manchester, UK
Most Leopards are spottier than mine! She has none! :( not a single black spot. She immitates being a Leopard tort haha ;)

As far as the woodwork goes... no theres really not, they'd be easy to build yourself if your handy with a hammer (which im totally not) so im buying mine - but they're just simple wooden boxes. Their lids are good though - allow good air flow yet have wire mesh so can be covered to keep the humidity in, thats what I do anyway.

Still excited for the new box! it arrives tomorrow! :)

- - - -

Also, good luck with Murphy!

Instinct

5 Year Member
Upstate New York
I'm positive Milly will enjoy all that extra space!

Be sure to post photos once you get everything set-up! I would love to see how it goes together. :)

Kristen A

5 Year Member
I got that enclosure a few years ago for my baby Sulcata. It was a good way to bring her to a friends house to watch her while I was on a cruise last year. Cirby is out growing it now so it will be up for grabs some time soon if someone wants it.

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
I love the latching lids on these zoomeds. I use a modified version of one of these as my sully hatchling's outdoor enclosure.

LolaMyLove

10 Year Member!
Walnut Creek, Ca
Kristen A said:
I got that enclosure a few years ago for my baby Sulcata. It was a good way to bring her to a friends house to watch her while I was on a cruise last year. Cirby is out growing it now so it will be up for grabs some time soon if someone wants it.

Hit me up when you are ready to get rid of your enclosure. I would love to expand mine.

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Manchester, UK
Sorry to anyone awaiting pics on this thread, I'm waiting until i've got a whole day free to create the new enclosure! Should be putting it all together, changing substrate, adding plants, taking photos/videos of Milly's reaction (lol) next weekend!! :) will keep you posted.

motoloco

10 Year Member!
Cant wait for the pics, i have been thinking about that for my russians.

Status
Not open for further replies.