PowerSun UV by Zoo Med

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
WI
You can get them much cheaper off line. IMO they don't get as hot as the trex 100W MVB.

You can get a trex for like 50$ shipped offline. Powersuns too.

janiedough

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Louisiana
thanks! what puts out the max amount of heat - one of those ceramic heat emitters?

goReptiles

10 Year Member!
I love mine. I use it for my Russians. It puts off pretty good heat. They can be found cheaper online; I opted to buy at petsmart because I was worried that I'd get a broke bulb in the mail.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
goReptiles said:
I love mine. I use it for my Russians. It puts off pretty good heat. They can be found cheaper online; I opted to buy at petsmart because I was worried that I'd get a broke bulb in the mail.

Maggie just bought two of them from LLReptiles and they arrived shattered into a bizzilion pieces. She called them and had two new bulbs within the week, no questions asked. She swears by LLReptiles.

Yvonne

Kadaan

5 Year Member
Irvine, CA
I have a 100W MVB about 12" above my substrate and it keeps it between 90-95F. They definitely give off some nice heat! When I switch it off, I have a low watt (50? 75?) infrared heater that keeps that side ~75-80 at night.

I agree with shopping around. I almost picked one up from PetSmart for $80, but saw them for $40-$45 online and ended up picking one up at a reptile expo for $37.

reptylefreek

5 Year Member
Seatac, Washington
Also check out CarolinaPetSupply.com they have really good deals, plus you can check out the grass seeds to grow for your sully or many other products. I order crickets from them all the time and love there speedy deliveries.

janiedough

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Louisiana
thank you thank you guys!!!

I posted pics in the sulcata thread, but I will update yall as winter goes on!

Akuma

5 Year Member
Stockholm Sweden
$80 sounds expensive. You can might as well buy a Hi-End MegaRay lamp for that price.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Status
Not open for further replies.