Excessive sleepiness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Saratoga County, New York
I've had tank for about two weeks now, he is about 6 weeks old. I am beginning to worry a bit about his sleepiness. At first, I chalked it up to his age, now I'm not sure. Every morning he comes out of his hide late (around 1030-1100am). He is in his hide from around 4pm. He comes out and pretty much deflates under the light. He wakes every now and then and eats. He is active during soaks, although I've seen him fall asleep in the bath as well.

This is pretty typical of him
add92b95.jpg

My other hatchling is more active, but is also a couple months older. Is this normal behavior for a very young hatchling? I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance that he is ok.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
If he is eating and soaking and basking.g and doing his business....those are all good positive signs....if his eyes are open and clear when he is up and about and he seems fine in all of the other ways....I would say he should be aok....

Keep in mind there are folks out in the forum with a GAZILLION times more hands on hatchling experience.....so perhaps wait round for the others to give you their thoughts...

Laurie

5 Year Member
Saratoga County, New York
ascott said:
If he is eating and soaking and basking.g and doing his business....those are all good positive signs....if his eyes are open and clear when he is up and about and he seems fine in all of the other ways....I would say he should be aok....

Keep in mind there are folks out in the forum with a GAZILLION times more hands on hatchling experience.....so perhaps wait round for the others to give you their thoughts...

Thanks, He is eating and basking, eyes open and alert when he can stay awake. I just chalked up his sleeping due to his age. The more it's gone on though, the more I started worrying about it. He's just always tired! I figure it's because he is so young, but now I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.