Everything is starting to grow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshleyJones

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix, AZ
Everything is starting to grow in Oso, Crush and Tonka's outdoor enclosure. Do you guys think there is too many plants in there? Will they be able to walk through it okay once everything gets bigger?
IMAG0644.jpg

IMAG0643.jpg

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
It that is seed mix from carolinapetsupply your gonna have a thick patch in their! haha id let them get in their and stair grazing. I over did the seed when i did mine and it looked like that with in a week then its just got way outta control. my lil sulcata was getting hung up in all the clovers and grasses. looks good!

AshleyJones

5 Year Member
Phoenix, AZ
Yes it is, i'm thinking about maybe pulling some out here and there. Make it easier for them to walk around. I think i over did the seed also LOL

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Wow! So cool....I don't know if there is such a thing as too much????? This year there was such awesome growth...my guys yards had yummies everywhere...now it looks like there was never lushness abound....I am do the new plantings periodically....but believe I would love the problem of too much...LOL .... but then again all of mine are grown eating machines....

For fun this am I put a big ole pile of dandelion flowers/greens, parsley, romaine,elm leaves and mimosa leaves.....down for each of my guys...then when I made my way back past my old man Humphry and so I went in the house and grabbed another big ole scoop of the salad mix and put it in his yard...behind where he was laying....in like 5 seconds he got up...did a 360 and looked at the pile like....hey, bitchen...how'd I miss that and ate every bit...then went into his hide...wont see him till tonight ...LOL

I bet your three amigos will be up to the challenge of mowing down a path....

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Very nice, I was debating on getting some but now I think i will...

Stephanie

5 Year Member
Southern California
That's awesome! I'm on the fence about getting seeds from them because they shipping is so outrageous, but this is making me rethink that (especially since they grow so fast!). I think once it gets closer to fall, I'll have to order from there :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
No, don't pull any of it. But, when the chia starts to grow tall, keep it cut down with the scissors. Once it gets over 6" tall, it develops a hard stem and babies can't bite it.

AshleyJones

5 Year Member
Phoenix, AZ
emysemys said:
No, don't pull any of it. But, when the chia starts to grow tall, keep it cut down with the scissors. Once it gets over 6" tall, it develops a hard stem and babies can't bite it.

Thank you for the advise, I will make sure to do that.
I was wanting to plant some flowers in there for them to eat too. Do you know of any flowers that they like to eat here in AZ?

Stephanie said:
That's awesome! I'm on the fence about getting seeds from them because they shipping is so outrageous, but this is making me rethink that (especially since they grow so fast!). I think once it gets closer to fall, I'll have to order from there :D

I think i planted this about 1 1/2 weeks ago and it already look like this. Their seed mix works really well, even after throwing down a ton of seed i still have over half a bag left. I bought some of their single seeds like the Chickweed and i'm not having very much luck with those.
It did take about 1 1/2 weeks to get the seed from them though.

Status
Not open for further replies.