Eros and Gaia enjoying Spring Break

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Crystal Unicorn
Last week we (Dallas Area) had a Beautiful week for our Spring Break... Eros And Gaia got to spend LOTS of time outside in the Sunshine and exploring thier newest enclosure set up.
IMG_0768_zpsc971ace9.jpg

IMG_0761_zpsdd3a05d8.jpg
IMG_0750_zps6ccbc37f.jpg

IMG_0763_zps40fd0323.jpg

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Just beautiful..and so smooth.

May i use some of their photos as examples in my upcoming presentation? I'm sharing the humid way to raise leopards and yours make wonderful examples!

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I just can't get over how light yours are remaining. My Humphrey looked exactly like that but has gotten so much blacker again. They are remarkable. Isn't this weather just the bomb. It is amazing how active they get when they are outside in the warm sun, almost running around. Mine are just lovin' the sunshine!!!

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Team Gomberg said:
Just beautiful..and so smooth.

May i use some of their photos as examples in my upcoming presentation? I'm sharing the humid way to raise leopards and yours make wonderful examples!

Thank You.... and YES you may!;)

CtTortoiseMom said:
Wow, they are beautiful!!

Thanks!:)

DesertGrandma said:
I just can't get over how light yours are remaining. My Humphrey looked exactly like that but has gotten so much blacker again. They are remarkable. Isn't this weather just the bomb. It is amazing how active they get when they are outside in the warm sun, almost running around. Mine are just lovin' the sunshine!!!

I keep telling Cathie they are Solar Powered because when they get in the Sun, they never seem to stop moving.... till they get to the shade, then it's nap time!:D

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
So beautiful and smooth as usual, Zamric. Thank you for the nice update.

May I know how long they get to be outsider per day now? Since I remember you keep them in the closed chamber.

pspryu101

5 Year Member
Left Coast :)
smoooooth shells! great job! :) do you cover their enclosure or you just leave it open?

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Yellow Turtle said:
So beautiful and smooth as usual, Zamric. Thank you for the nice update.

May I know how long they get to be outsider per day now? Since I remember you keep them in the closed chamber.

I do keep them in a closed chamber but when the Sun is up and the temp is right.... they get as much outside time as possable! However, nights are a VERY differant story....for now, they sleep inside, in thier nice little Twin Condo!

pspryu101 said:
smoooooth shells! great job! :) do you cover their enclosure or you just leave it open?

Thanks! :)

They spend most of thier time in a Closed Enclosure, under High Heat (83*+)/ High Humidity(60%-85%) conditions

lushcious said:
Beauties... lots of white!

Eros has a bit of darker shades that seem to be "Rising up" but Gaia is much lighter than I expected her to be, and that shows no sign at all of changing!

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
Zamric said:
I do keep them in a closed chamber but when the Sun is up and the temp is right.... they get as much outside time as possable! However, nights are a VERY differant story....for now, they sleep inside, in thier nice little Twin Condo!

Yes you certainly have a luxury condo for your torts :D

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Yellow Turtle said:
Zamric said:

Yes you certainly have a luxury condo for your torts :D

...sigh.... saddly, I noticed last night that my "Subfloor" is rotting out and its just a matter of time before it collapses completly! Should have used a better sealant or at least a couple of more layers of it!(or even a layer of heavy plastic.... I got LOTS of that!)

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
Zamric, I'm curious, when they're out due to weather permission, how many times do you soak them per day?

Since outside they will get exposed to much lower humidity compares to their chamber.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Yellow Turtle said:
Zamric, I'm curious, when they're out due to weather permission, how many times do you soak them per day?

Since outside they will get exposed to much lower humidity compares to their chamber.

I don't soak them any more....or less. :) They have very large water dishes outside (large terra cotta dishes) If they feel the need to soak, they soak themselfs (I often will catch them just sitting in their water dish doing this)Besides, That is one of the reasons I use Vita-Shell! Kinda the best of both Worlds!

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
So what are their size now? My 2 leopards I keep them outdoor all time, and they are only around 2.8 inch SCL. They hardly soak themselves, only sometime they will walk pass their terracotta dish.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
This morning Eros weighed in at 178.9 gms and is 9.5cm long at 15 months old, and Gaia is 148.6 gm and 8.3cm Long at 21 month old

Status
Not open for further replies.