EMERGENCY!

TheLastGreen

Location (City and/or State)
Johannesburg
@maggie3fan I do keep them together now, what is a URTI? Today she has opened her eyes and is moving around, I am trying to get another type of antibiotic to replace baytril. She is doing better, and I am trying to soak and feed her this morning, while active. It seems baytril is a strong med. I'll contact the vet and look out for the med you recommended

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
@maggie3fan I do keep them together now, what is a URTI? Today she has opened her eyes and is moving around, I am trying to get another type of antibiotic to replace baytril. She is doing better, and I am trying to soak and feed her this morning, while active. It seems baytril is a strong med. I'll contact the vet and look out for the med you recommended
Baytril is a very strong drug that stops most torts from eating, it just takes away their appetite.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Oh lordy just looking at her hurts. upper respiratory tract infection. I asked if they were together because I know and have seen bullying among tortoises. If she were mine I'd make a small hospital tank for her alone, paper towels for substrate, 90 degree ambient temp, a small house, a che for night and put Gerber strained carrot baby food in absolutely every soak, she's drinking water...she'll WAY benefit from carrot soaks.
one of my box turtles, closed swollen eyes...
100_6324.JPG
I did everything I just described...and he's fine 2 weeks later, not better...fine!100_6320.JPG

TheLastGreen

Johannesburg
Will do. Both have been together for a few months, no visible bullying, I watch them like a hawk. Both almost don't acknowledge each other, they even sleep in the same little house sometimes. I am in the process of making an outdoor enclosure (I live in RSA and I am close to their native location). 20211002_124609.jpg