Elvis in AZ has been adopted

DevilDog5mom7

Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I was surprised today by the news that Elvis has a new home. 10 acres worth of new home. I cried. I took him breakfast this morning. He was out of his burrow sunning himself. He had lettuce, strawberries and clover. I did find out he does not enjoy romaine. When I feed him one day he ate everything but the romaine - go figure. And he likes carrots but only if they are shredded. Who knew tortoises could be so refined? I guess you fine folks knew. :)

It was such a pleasure to care for him. I am going to miss him very much. A huge THANK YOU for the advice, concern, tips, and offers of a new home. I had no idea tortoise people could be so generous and loving. Every one who posted and shared, asked questions and made suggestions well all of you have my gratitude. I cannot say thank you enough. I don't know if I have become a tortoise person but if I get my own this group will be the first to know. Elvis was such a moment of joy.

Gail

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Gail:

It's good to hear that "Elvis has left the building!" You did a good thing, taking care of him in the interim. We'd love to keep you here with us, so find a breeder and get yourself a tortoise!!!