Einstein Growth update

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADVANceNA

5 Year Member
hey everyone good evening ! just giving a small update on growth. last time i weighed einstein was 04/24/2011 and he was 262.2 grams. weighed him again today 05/25/2011 and he is now 363.8 grams. im glad he is happy and healthy and i am enjoying the whole experience of raising him. it brings joy to all of us im sure when we see our torts growing happy.

here are the weigh in pictures, sorry about the lighting in the 04/24/2011 weigh-in, it was taken with a cell phone and the current one with an actual camera. i gave him a piece of endive before i soaked him and he didnt want to finish it, so he held on to it during the soak. today is also the first time he could climb the side and see over his "bathtub". so i snapped a quick picture ... and he knew haha. enjoi !

Attachments

• SavedPicture (8).jpg
    SavedPicture (8).jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCN0330.JPG
    DSCN0330.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 37
  • DSCN0335.JPG
    DSCN0335.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 48

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
His carapace is so smooth and I love the color...very good growth..

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
He looks great. Funny how they seem to have those growth spurts. Your substrate looks just like mine.

ADVANceNA

5 Year Member
dalano73 said:
His carapace is so smooth and I love the color...very good growth..

thankyou ! *bow

Tom said:
He looks great. Funny how they seem to have those growth spurts. Your substrate looks just like mine.

so you think its a big growth spurt ? i mean, this is the only tort i've ever had, so i cant really gauge how normal or quick that kind of gain is. thought ? that substrates rocks, it retains moisture pretty well and does not dry so quickly.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Mine always grow steadily at that age, but every now and then they just suddenly seem bigger. When I put them on the scale, it usually verifies my suspicions. Every once in a while mine seem to just sprout more than usual. I have not been able to figure out why. They get soaked everyday. Sometimes the growth spurts happen in winter when they are inside for two or three weeks at a time. Sometimes they happen during periods of good weather where they are out for hours a day everyday. The food stays pretty constant. Mazuri every Monday and Friday.

I'd say from 262 to 363 in a month is a pretty good growth spurt. :)

It definitely brings joy to me to see MY torts growing and healthy, but it also brings me a lot of joy to see everybody else's torts growing and healthy too. So often we only hear about the problems when people are asking for help, so I really like it when people do posts expressing how well everything is going and showing how great their torts look. So, thanks for the update on Einstein!

ADVANceNA

5 Year Member
Tom said:
Mine always grow steadily at that age, but every now and then they just suddenly seem bigger. When I put them on the scale, it usually verifies my suspicions. Every once in a while mine seem to just sprout more than usual. I have not been able to figure out why. They get soaked everyday. Sometimes the growth spurts happen in winter when they are inside for two or three weeks at a time. Sometimes they happen during periods of good weather where they are out for hours a day everyday. The food stays pretty constant. Mazuri every Monday and Friday.

I'd say from 262 to 363 in a month is a pretty good growth spurt. :)

It definitely brings joy to me to see MY torts growing and healthy, but it also brings me a lot of joy to see everybody else's torts growing and healthy too. So often we only hear about the problems when people are asking for help, so I really like it when people do posts expressing how well everything is going and showing how great their torts look. So, thanks for the update on Einstein!

youre very welcome ! i figure we all collectively trade experiences, hunbandry, and stories. in a way, it is a culmination of all of these interactions with each other that influence and shape the way we care for our little ones, so i like to share the good and the bad !

hhhmmm mazuri mazuri, i think its time i start feeding einstein some of that and try it out. i never have fed him that, but i think now will be a good time to start ? twice a week sounds good. any thoughts from anyone on best place to get some mazuri, and has anybody noticed increased quickness of growth when introducing mazuri into the diet ? oh oh, and cactus, anyone have suggestions on that ? thanks !

hope everyones day is going well.

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Wow nice growth! My sulcata is about the same color. It's cool to see how He's gonna look when he's a bit older.

Status
Not open for further replies.