Not open for further replies.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Gorgeous Day At the Cove’ …and look who’s laying ….:rolleyes:
“Gemma” .. Hypo Momma #2

af26.jpg

af25h.jpg

af16f.jpg

(sorry for the bad shot , it was a quickie as not to disturb her…)

JD~:)

bigred

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
N2TORTS said:
Gorgeous Day At the Cove’ …and look who’s laying ….:rolleyes:
“Gemma” .. Hypo Momma #2

af26.jpg

af25h.jpg

af16f.jpg

(sorry for the bad shot , it was a quickie as not to disturb her…)

Nice

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
The great cover up that always amazes me ……

abcvm.jpg

abc1g.jpg

abc2y.jpg

abc3m.jpg

parrotlady said:
How many eggs does she normally lay?

4-7 ..... average 6 . :D

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Rover15 said:
Ever miss a nest, With that cover up job?
I have only missed one in the last 2 years .. ( that I know of :rolleyes: )
I spend A LOT of time with my animals and know them very well. I 99% of the time know when a female is going to nest....by her pre-nesting behavior. Although .....I just finished a new security system and also added 360* dome cameras within each hut, So I can view from mobile and or playback any of the days events. . Depending on times of year the torts lay 50/50 inside and outside. I get eggs all year long ..with really no " off season" . Although I will give a female a " time out" from her mommy duties , just to let her bulk up , receive vital nutrients, allow immune system to increase and if anything just rest.

Rover15

5 Year Member
ontario canada
N2TORTS said:
Rover15 said:
Ever miss a nest, With that cover up job?
I have only missed one in the last 2 years .. ( that I know of :rolleyes: )
I spend A LOT of time with my animals and know them very well. I 99% of the time know when a female is going to nest....by her pre-nesting behavior. Although .....I just finished a new security system and also added 360* dome cameras within each hut, So I can view from mobile and or playback any of the days events. . Depending on times of year the torts lay 50/50 inside and outside. I get eggs all year long ..with really no " off season" . Although I will give a female a " time out" from her mommy duties , just to let her bulk up , receive vital nutrients, allow immune system to increase and if anything just rest.

Sounds amazing. I was more curious if they have ever been laid and hatched naturally so just one day you all of a sudden have babies you never knew got laid. I wish I could have some breeding torts.

I currently have an adult female hermann and I'm looking for a second female and male. I'm also picking up more yellow foots in june but they yellow foots are all hatchlings so I have years there and only if I end up with the right combo.

It is extreamly hard here in canada that is for sure

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Rover ' ... actually even being in SoCal ...the winter months are to cold for any " natural incubation" ...however if an Indian summer
( long and hot) exists ... and eggs were laid spring, a summer hatching is very possible ,. I know several folks here have "natural hatched" Sullie and Leo's .... but I have never herd of a RF story. I have hatched RES turtles naturally a few times .....and amazing how far an aquatic turtle will travel on dry land to lay her eggs.

Rover15

5 Year Member
ontario canada
N2TORTS said:
Rover ' ... actually even being in SoCal ...the winter months are to cold for any " natural incubation" ...however if an Indian summer
( long and hot) exists ... and eggs were laid spring, a summer hatching is very possible ,. I know several folks here have "natural hatched" Sullie and Leo's .... but I have never herd of a RF story. I have hatched RES turtles naturally a few times .....and amazing how far an aquatic turtle will travel on dry land to lay her eggs.

My wife an I are currently looking for a new place trying to find something almost in farm contry this way I can build/have a heated barn or green house for winters where I can build pens, and have larger out door setups. I will still most likely incubate rather then natural hatching but I'm still far from that point just slowly building my groups.

I have stayed away from aquatic turtles I don't have the time to maintain a pond or an indoor tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.