Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
You should be able to see blood vessels at about 2 weeks

TortoiseRacket

New York
You should be able to see blood vessels at about 2 weeks
Okay, it is 2 days old, on the side it is kind of bumpy, and when I candled it it shows inside, there are white lines. It is not chalking, when should it? This is the second day. It is also rounded like a Russian egg, instead of a ping pong ball shape. Thanks!

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
If it isn't fertile and you really want to hatch your own egg check out Tortstork. I just hatched my first tortoise egg Xmas Eve thanks to him.

TortoiseRacket

New York
I’m not totally sure, but I have hope that it is fertile. The female lays over 200 fertile eggs a year for him. He has a room in his house where baby tortoises roam the floor. It’s like a giant closed chamber with bedding! It’s only been 2 days. I have him in a small critter keeper with damp eco-earth and spagnum moss around it. A back heater covers 1/2 of the keeper. Towels act as a tent. There is also a lone under tank heater. I open the tent multiple times a day. Any other tips? When should it be chalking?

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I’m not totally sure, but I have hope that it is fertile. The female lays over 200 fertile eggs a year for him. He has a room in his house where baby tortoises roam the floor. It’s like a giant closed chamber with bedding! It’s only been 2 days. I have him in a small critter keeper with damp eco-earth and spagnum moss around it. A back heater covers 1/2 of the keeper. Towels act as a tent. There is also a lone under tank heater. I open the tent multiple times a day. Any other tips? When should it be chalking?
Im not entirely sure someone else will have to answer that for ya. I bought an egg that was days away from hatching. I used this

https://incubatorwarehouse.com/hova-bator-thermal-air-incubator.html