Eating Schedule Change?

ShockerFX

Hey all, I've had my tortoise for seven months now and feed him every morning and he happily runs over and chows down and maybe leaves himself a snack for later well, this weekend he quit eating when I put his food in but has been going over at night and eating also he doesn't seem to be as active as he normally is any suggestions on why he's acting this way or something I should check him for?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I don't know much about the Hermanni. Is he a hibernating species? Could it be he wants to hibernate?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Double check temps. Sometimes they just keep ya guessing. As long as he's eating, etc, I wouldn't worry

ShockerFX

He is a hibernating species but I don't know if he had ever been hibernated I purchased from a pet store and the folks there aren't worth much for knowledge I'll go double check his temps now to make sure they haven't fluctuated

ShockerFX

Just checked his temperature it's 91 in his basking spot and 72 on the cool side

ShockerFX

I did add an exo Terra monsoon unit about two weeks ago to help maintain his humidity through out the day perhaps that thing freaks him out