Eastern Photo Fun

PJay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
It’s a beautiful spring day in the mid-Atlantic! Ok, so it’s not really spring, that’s still a few weeks away. It was 77F when I took these photos on February 24, when our averages highs are 49F, with lows at 33F! It was a good opportunity to get the turtles out for some natural UV. I loaded the group into a kiddie pool with some 84F water, thanks to my brick patio and the sun. Right away, the male did what the male does, and started harassing the females. I decided to have a heart-to-heart talk with this rowdy male and let the females relax.

Me: You need to chill!
Turtle: The girls are over there, skinny-dipping in the pool. I want to be over there!
1.jpg

Me: Let them relax for a while!
Turtle: Got any food? You always have good stuff.2.jpg

Me: I fed you this morning.
Turtle: Ok, what about the girls then?3.jpg

Me: No.
Turtle: What are you looking at? Are you looking at my dandruff? Everybody gets flaky up top sometimes.
4.jpg

Me: No, I didn’t even notice it until you said something.
Turtle: Don’t try to distract me! So what's it going be? The food or the girls?
5.jpg

Me: Sigh!
Turtle: Maybe you can’t hear me?
6.jpg

Turtle: Maybe if I get…
Me: Wait, you’re too close to the camera, it can’t focus on your face!
7.jpg

Turtle: …a little closer!
8.jpg

He’s never tried to bite, but all the same, I was feeling sketchy and moved my fingers from the bottom, up to the top of the camera! LOL! My neighbors must think I’m crazy, lying about in the backyard, taking pictures!

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
WOW! ! What a beauty. :):)

PJay

5 Year Member
Virginia
Nice pics, loved the conversation you two had. So, what did he get? Food, girls, or just put back into his winter home with nothing?
No girls, no food. he's too encourageable. He got an enclosure with an 86F basking spot on one end and an 82% humidity spot on the other end, and slept under the heat source for the rest of the day. When evening came along, he headed for the humid side and dug into the substrate. I aspire to be a box turtle!