Dust Storm in Phoenix AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

FranklinTturtle

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Myrtle Beach SC
What about that dust storm in Phoenix AZ! I seen the film on the news tonight. I bet that is quite the experience. I have never seen any thing like that before. Is that common? Does it do alot of damage?
Sorry about the wrong spelling of storm on the top.

FranklinTturtle

5 Year Member
Myrtle Beach SC
I know that they have dust storms in the desert. But, I never thought about it effecting a city. At my age you wouldn't think that any thing would surpise me.

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
When I can download my camera (waiting on a new cable) I'll post pictures I took from my front and back yard. It wasn't as bad as the one in late june/early july, altho there was a lot of damage in the SE part of the valley. We had dust and winds, no rain. the big storm (july?) it rained mud. it was crazy. We do have dust storms in the summer as a pretty regular event, but they seem to be getting worse. Best thing to do is hunker down and wait it out ~ hope the electric doesn't go out.....

teri

FranklinTturtle

5 Year Member
Myrtle Beach SC
sharkstar said:
When I can download my camera (waiting on a new cable) I'll post pictures I took from my front and back yard. It wasn't as bad as the one in late june/early july, altho there was a lot of damage in the SE part of the valley. We had dust and winds, no rain. the big storm (july?) it rained mud. it was crazy. We do have dust storms in the summer as a pretty regular event, but they seem to be getting worse. Best thing to do is hunker down and wait it out ~ hope the electric doesn't go out.....

teri
Do you get a warning that it is coming? Thanks for sharing the video. I am looking forward to seeing it.

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
the desert is a harsh place, even tho we live in the big city. No warnings, but then we weren't watching local TV station. I went out back to put the hose out for RV and looked at the sky. Nice blue sky overhead, but to the east and south, dust. Just dust. and coming up fast. We were quick to turn things over and secure stuff so it wouldn't fly about the yard and possibly hurt RV. She just walked the yard and kept eating.. I guess if it gets too bad for her she pulls into her shell and just waits it out, like the rest of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.