Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
This is Dudley's morning deposit:

10-26-09Dudleysamdeposit.jpg

He's saying, "Hurry up and clean up that mess. Some of us have to eat here, you know."

Yvonne

reptylefreek

5 Year Member
Seatac, Washington
All those little piles?! Jeez... well at least there kinda in the same place. You dont have to visit every corner to pick up after him. He sure is cute though

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Hah! His quote is exactly what I was thinking after looking at the picture. "Where's that cleaning lady? She needs to pick this up before the Food Goddess arrives!"

I admit, there's a corner of my mind (opposite the Common Sense corner) that would love to have a Sulcata. They are so majestic, so powerful, so impressive.

I need to find someone who has one so I can just come and watch the creature move around, graze, "play", patrol, move furniture around. I know there is no way I could ever really keep one, and the poop piles do strengthen the reality check zone of my brain! Still, what an animal!

DAC8671

10 Year Member!
San Diego CA
Hehehehehe, that looks like one morning of Ralph (though Ralph's is just a bit smaller). AND Ralph doesn't go in one spot.

I usually do poop patrol 3 times a day. I should take a pic of the pooper scooper with the dog poop and Ralph poop. It's the same size.

While cleaning up Ralph's enclosure one day, my son told me it smelled like elephants. hehehehe

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Awh but it does a heart good to know he's a healthy pooper :p Now if you could just train him to go in one spot LOL.
Great pic.

M

Maggie Cummings

Bob poops like that all day long...like Debbie I do a poop patrol about 3 times a day...maybe Debbie and I feed too much!!! I agree totally with Debbie's son, I have never thought they smell bad, to me they smell like the zoo...just like an elephant...they smell wild, I like it!
Stephanie...you are welcome to come and watch Bob anytime...as long as you agree to poop patrol while you're here!

DAC8671

10 Year Member!
San Diego CA
I'm with you, Maggie, on the smell. It doesn't bother me. It's a "clean poop" smell. Natural. Now if the dogs could smell like that, we wouldn't have a problem! hehehe

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wow....that picture spells it out pretty well how much a sulcata poops! My Leopards don't put out nearly that much:)

Weloveourtortoise

5 Year Member
Gardner, MA
Holly POOP! was all that came to mind!!! I love my RT, I love my RT, I love my RT. Is all that is going through my mind now!!! Can they be taught to flush???? LOL!

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
HAHAHHAA Bonnie & Matt, haha HOLY poop ! I agree ! Sheesh Yvonne, that sure is some nice piles of poops haha, what a healthy boy Dudley is ! He's looking so good otherwise !

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
maggie3fan said:
Bob poops like that all day long...like Debbie I do a poop patrol about 3 times a day...maybe Debbie and I feed too much!!! I agree totally with Debbie's son, I have never thought they smell bad, to me they smell like the zoo...just like an elephant...they smell wild, I like it!
Stephanie...you are welcome to come and watch Bob anytime...as long as you agree to poop patrol while you're here!

We actually have family in Oregon, in Bend. If you live anywhere near there I may just drive through someday and spend some time following Bob around with a shovel.:p

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Stephanie Logan said:
We actually have family in Oregon, in Bend. If you live anywhere near there I may just drive through someday and spend some time following Bob around with a shovel.:p

Maggie used to live in Bend, years ago. Now she lives in Corvallis, which is just on the other side (west of) I-5 and slightly north of Bend. I'm sure she'd welcome your visit. She's a grumply old recluse, like me, but we DO like to meet tortoise people!

Yvonne

aktech23

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Crazy1 said:
:p Now if you could just train him to go in one spot LOL.

so far Tortimer has two spots he goes in, and they are both under bushes. one of those bushes wasn't doing so good, but now with all that good compost it's growing fantastic. The other plant always did grow well, but we get piles in there we can remove and add to our compost pile!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I dodn't even know what to say. I can't stop looking at it. As you're cleaning up that mess, you must go around singing..."what I do for love."

Status
Not open for further replies.