Drying leaves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blgreek08

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Beaver Falls, Pa
Who can point me in the direction. To the best way to dry leaves. I looked online and there are so many ways. I saw on here somewhere that you hang them in windows or something. Help me feed my babies in winter please lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TortForum mobile app

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I do not do this....however, if you hang em they sure will dry as well as you can use one of those food dehydrator deals...then bag em...

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
For me, the easiest way is to get paper bags from the grocery store and dump whatever greens you want in them. I wouldn't put too much in it or it won't dry fast enough and might possibly mold. I put the bag(s) in a dark, cool place and maybe open it once a day and give it a good toss for air circulation and even drying. How fast the drying process goes depends on how much you put in.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
I generally hang up stalks with leaves on them up in the laundry room, let 'em hang got a week or so, then crumple 'em up over newspapers, then fill up plastic jars with the dried leaves all mixed together (I also dry supermarket greens like collard, mustard and turnip greens...same deal). Suppose you could also use gallon zip-locks, too.

Seems like a gallon of dried greens/leaves per tortoise is about right, mixed with soaked tortoise kibble, to make it through winter easily.

Have thought about looking for a used dehydrator when I'm out hitting the yard-sales/flea-markets.

Status
Not open for further replies.