Driving

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

Obviously, in those instances it was not safe because the people practicing it did not take the necessary steps to ensure that it was. It is not a hard concept when you think logically. Some people drive recklessly; do you still drive? How many statistics would you like me to post about unsafe drivers causing accidents and deaths before you accept the fact that driving is always unsafe and no one should ever drive.

Driving is a "privilege" not a right and driving test need to be harder. Most people should be taught by professionals, not taught the same bad habits that the husband is teaching the wife. Driving is more of chess game, and people just think they can push on the gas and brake and it's all fine. Most can't handle a car in a slide, do donuts or simply make the car handle differently. I fool around in parking lots at least a couple of times a month, it calms me down, hones my handling experience, and it's FUN!!! My new tires, laid a burnout that was 105 feet long....I want a trophy for that one. I'm a motorhead, I never grew up, I just look old and I am still pretty young at heart.....OK, I've given my opinions for the day....yes, I am different, I pride myself in being different. And I'll bet I have had more adventures and seen and done things most in my class of people haven't experienced. I've had a pretty decent life actually. At least it was exciting and different. So I'm done with opinions for the day....
Have a great day ya'll, I'm going to clean house, I DO know how to have a good time....
But first, it's not raining right now, so I am gonna wash my car....so it can rain on a clean car...My wish is to have a garage so I can wax and buff when I want. All I have is a cold carport....adios

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
You have the right to travel in the US . Most people don't know laws and rights given to you . You don't even need a drivers license to drive a car . As long as its not for profit . Just become a sovereign citizen. Just some paper work to carry with you . You don't even need a plate on your car . Are you going to be pulled over yes you will . It's up to the cop if he wants to read your paper work as your license . But you will get out of it . There hasn't been one case in the supreme Court that has convicted someone for exercising their rights. Look it up at your library under freedom of traveling . You'd be shocked .

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Earth
You have the right to travel in the US . Most people don't know laws and rights given to you . You don't even need a drivers license to drive a car . As long as its not for profit . Just become a sovereign citizen. Just some paper work to carry with you . You don't even need a plate on your car . Are you going to be pulled over yes you will . It's up to the cop if he wants to read your paper work as your license . But you will get out of it . There hasn't been one case in the supreme Court that has convicted someone for exercising their rights. Look it up at your library under freedom of traveling . You'd be shocked .

This is simply not true. I'd suggest that you actually look it up for yourself instead of believing what you hear, or read, from sources that cherry pick quotes from rulings to give this idea. Sovereign citizens are regularly arrested and lose in court if they don't plead out.

If you don't want to research it for yourself, this demonstrates how quotes are used out of context and show that the full ruling actually goes against what they/you are saying.

http://www.snopes.com/supreme-court-rules-drivers-licenses-unnecessary/

If you want to go on, I can split these to a separate thread since this is off topic.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Look up the laws that are given to you . You don't have to have a license to drive .

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Here is a good read for you .

1451436888047.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Man if only I could post all my research. But I'll just drop it . You believe you have to pay to travel freely as a free person .

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Here is a good read for you .

I do not see any citations to laws or cases. The link I gave showed that a quoted portion of a ruling that is used to 'prove' that you don't need a license actually says the very opposite and that a city may regulate it as long as it is fair and not arbitrary.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
That's because I can't post links of this stupid phone I'm using .

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Here is more reading on the subject.

Attachments

• 1451438143619.jpg
    1451438143619.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 17

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Mike, I'm interested in this topic and agree with the sentiment. Where can I read the complete text?

Feel free to PM me if you don't want to do it here.

What complete text? It's quotes taken out of context, that in their entirety contradict the opinion they're being used to support. They rightly assume that most people aren't going to actually read all the sources for quotes in their entirety. It's playing into people's confirmation bias.

Want to talk about Ohio's suspect statehood next?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
What complete text?

The complete text of what he posted above. The screen shot from his smart phone cuts off the article part way through. I'd like to read the whole thing, and more about the subject, if that is okay with you.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Here is more reading on the subject.

Neither of those citations support what is written or the idea that drivers licenses are unconstitutional. Shapiro vs Thompson was about right to travel, but nothing about driving. It centered on whether there could be a waiting period for welfare, and ultimately ruled that "inhibiting migration by needy persons into the State is constitutionally impermissible" i.e., poor people have a right to travel too. Murdock vs Pennsylvania was about requiring Jehovah witnesses to buy licenses to go door to door (as was required for door to door salesmen at the time). It was ruled that it was an unconstitutional tax on their religious activities. I imagine if you made a religion centered around driving you'd have more standing.

Usually, if something I see online includes a bunch of underlined, bolded or capitalized text, I question its veracity.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
The complete text of what he posted above. The screen shot from his smart phone cuts off the article part way through. I'd like to read the whole thing, and more about the subject, if that is okay with you.

http://www.lawfulpath.com/ref/DLbrief.shtml

As I said before and demonstrated above, they take small portions out of context. I gave an example of this above. Sovereign citizens are fun to watch, but don't start believing that nonsense.

XzZnY9.gif

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I never said that a was a sovereign citizen nor did I say I believe in their crap . I said you don't have to have a drivers license to freely travel as a freeman . It's your right . Look up supreme Court rulings of people being convicted for Exercising their constitutional rights. Yes you will have to go to court . Yes you maybe arrested. Yes you will have to spend more money than its worth to not sit in jail . Yes you will have to take it to the supreme courts . But they cannot convicte you for your right of freedoms of movement . They will get you in other ways . Contempt of court ,resisting arrest or what other crap they want to charge you with .
My point is you don't need a licence to drive under your constitutional rights . We have all kinds of laws that violate rights yet we keep going along with them . Due to fear of prosecution.

Last edited:

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I never said that a was a sovereign citizen nor did I say I believe in their crap . I said you don't have to have a drivers license to freely travel as a freeman . It's your right . Look up supreme Court rulings of people being convicted for ex

Exercising their constitutional rights

Yes, you are correct in that you do not need a drivers license to travel. You need one to operate a car on a public road, i.e., drive. The root of what you are saying is based in sovereign citizen ideology. That's why you'll see a lot of references to commerce and commercial activities.

There have been numerous cases both ruling against their claims, as well as establishing that they are subject to the laws.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Tom you can Google the crap out of it like jay-z's doing . I did pull the screen shots from Google . Because most of my readings come from the law library in down town Houston . A year or two ago I seen some stuff on it . Plus my wife was doing some legal documents for a doctor she is working for . So for the last year or so I was interested in the useless laws . While she was doing her thing . I was reading up on what it means to freely travel as a freeman of the USA . I've googled a bunch of crap. Some contradicts other online searches. But as the law reads in the amendments you don't need a drivers license to drive for travel as a freeman . As long as there is no profit . So that means if you drive to get a donut or visit your mom technically don't need a driver's license. If you drive to your job to which your earning profits you need to have one . So technically you don't even need motor vehicle insurance or license plate . Are you asking for a lot of legal crap oooo yeah you are . This is one of my favorite things to do . Is to research stupid laws . Like in Texas it is against the law not to back in your driveway . Another one it is illegal to walk down a farm road with a barbed wire tool . Crazy stuff . I never thought I was going to start a big debate over the subject but its true .

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
What do you think a carriage is ? It's means of movement . Be it a horse a car or motorcycle . As the law is written it did not definite say a car it says carriage . Is the common man with a brain going to do this . Yes some idiot will try to get away with but our justice system is not always just . Most of the sovereign people don't have the money to take it past the city of jurisdiction let alone supreme court. The right to bear arms is being infringed on . Also they can't change what's written in the constitution but the can add needless laws that are passed and accepted by we the people without a fight .

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Tom you can Google the crap out of it like jay-z's doing . I did pull the screen shots from Google . Because most of my readings come from the law library in down town Houston . A year or two ago I seen some stuff on it . Plus my wife was doing some legal documents for a doctor she is working for . So for the last year or so I was interested in the useless laws . While she was doing her thing . I was reading up on what it means to freely travel as a freeman of the USA . I've googled a bunch of crap. Some contradicts other online searches. But as the law reads in the amendments you don't need a drivers license to drive for travel as a freeman . As long as there is no profit . So that means if you drive to get a donut or visit your mom technically don't need a driver's license. If you drive to your job to which your earning profits you need to have one . So technically you don't even need motor vehicle insurance or license plate . Are you asking for a lot of legal crap oooo yeah you are . This is one of my favorite things to do . Is to research stupid laws . Like in Texas it is against the law not to back in your driveway . Another one it is illegal to walk down a farm road with a barbed wire tool . Crazy stuff . I never thought I was going to start a big debate over the subject but its true .

Googling doesn't do any good if you are just looking at what comes up. It's like 10 to 1 (or worse) of sites just copying and pasting the same out-of-context quotes to sites actually discussing it or based on fact.

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/TN/htm/TN.521.htm

SUBCHAPTER B. GENERAL LICENSE REQUIREMENTS

Sec. 521.021. LICENSE REQUIRED. A person, other than a person expressly exempted under this chapter, may not operate a motor vehicle on a highway in this state unless the person holds a driver's license issued under this chapter.

Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 165, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1995.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
If you can some how get a judge sign a affidavit of truth stating you are a freeman of the USA traveling privately and get it notarized . Then carry it with you you can freely drive without a license . But good luck on that .

Status
Not open for further replies.