Drat...

HappyHermanns

Location (City and/or State)
Rochester, Michigan
I didn't think we had raccoons in our area any more, but apparently we do. We had been having problems with an armadillo digging up our yard, so hubby had a trap set. We never caught any armadillos, but yesterday we caught 2 juvenile raccoons! :( They're cute as can be, but I did a little research and saw where someone's 12 year old leopard tortoise was killed by raccoons. These little guys will get relocated about 12 miles away and Elsa will get locked in her night house again on a routine basis! :(
I just wanted to say sorry for posting my question under yours. :(
I actually thought it would kind of apply and that it would be an appropriate place to put it.
In the future I will start a thread. :)

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
I just wanted to say sorry for posting my question under yours. :(
I actually thought it would kind of apply and that it would be an appropriate place to put it.
In the future I will start a thread. :)
No problem at all- I was not bothered in the least. ;):):)

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
I didn't think we had raccoons in our area any more, but apparently we do. We had been having problems with an armadillo digging up our yard, so hubby had a trap set. We never caught any armadillos, but yesterday we caught 2 juvenile raccoons! :( They're cute as can be, but I did a little research and saw where someone's 12 year old leopard tortoise was killed by raccoons. These little guys will get relocated about 12 miles away and Elsa will get locked in her night house again on a routine basis! :(
Great thread! I don't think we ever get raccoons, just bunnies, tons of squirrels, oppossums, occ rat/mouse with then occ snake to follow. We have owl family that's live in our trees for few yrs and there are hawks and vultures circling at times over the house. That plus occ loose neighbors' dog or cat are really all I have to deal with. On side note I love baby raccoons!!! Just hard to imagine they'd kill torts

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
What is it Yvonne? Sound of some sort?

It came yesterday and I'm a little disappointed, but haven't set it up yet. It's a small black box with two lights and a solar panel. The lights are about as far apart as a small predator's eyes would be. After the photo cell is charged during the day, when the sun goes down the lights will flash on and off at intervals. It's supposed to look like a predator's eyes and it makes other small critters stay away. The problem for me being, you're supposed to mount it where you think the unwanted critters are entering the site. My box turtle yard is open on all four sides. I have no idea which side the night time creatures enter the box turtle yard.

Rowlet

5 Year Member
SoCal
It came yesterday and I'm a little disappointed, but haven't set it up yet. It's a small black box with two lights and a solar panel. The lights are about as far apart as a small predator's eyes would be. After the photo cell is charged during the day, when the sun goes down the lights will flash on and off at intervals. It's supposed to look like a predator's eyes and it makes other small critters stay away. The problem for me being, you're supposed to mount it where you think the unwanted critters are entering the site. My box turtle yard is open on all four sides. I have no idea which side the night time creatures enter the box turtle yard.

You might have to attach two or more to a post if you are unsure where they are coming from.
NGSolar4Pak.jpg