Double Whammy.. And I'm not scared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLSchmittou

5 Year Member
Aloha and hello.

Brand new parent to two Sulcata Female hatchlings. Very excited but also overwhelmed about the vast amount of completely conflicting information regarding their care. So glad this forum exists am very excited about this new adventure.

Regards,

Jacki

Mom to Schnoodle 1.75 years, Little Person 2 years, and occasionally husband of 3 years.

Attachments

• Ish & Tish.JPG
    Ish & Tish.JPG
    571.5 KB · Views: 59

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Jacki:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new additions. You will find all the help and advice you need right here.

dbsneed69

5 Year Member
TN
Tom has some great info about hatchlings and care. I think the thread is titled.......How To Raise Sulcata Hatchlings and Babies. I'm almost positive that's the title. Anyway, welcome to the forum and I'm sure you will get all the information you are looking for and then some.....

JLSchmittou

5 Year Member
Thank you everyone! I did post on Toms thread and awaiting his response. These guys are really like having a newborn. We are actually enjoying the morning sun right now. We've deficated twice, and one has urinated.... Hard to say if the other little one has urinated or not? They aren't eating as heartily as I anticipated, could they be recovering from their transfer of environments? One is very active: going back and fourth from the patio to the garden bed, and the other is hanging out under fountain grass, chilling in the sun. We did a soak this a.m. And getting an aquarium this afternoon....

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Welcome Jacki and yes, they could be still trying to adjust to all the things that have happened to them in their short little lives. How did you happen to decide on a sulcata?

JLSchmittou

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
Welcome Jacki and yes, they could be still trying to adjust to all the things that have happened to them in their short little lives. How did you happen to decide on a sulcata?

Well, the decision was kind of made for me. My husband and I thought it would be fun to have a turtle roaming around our vast backyard... We discussed it in passing a few weeks ago and last night he showed up with them (he's an expert communicator). So, I was completely unprepared, but am adjusting since its not the torts fault my husbands an idiot :). (to be fair, when I was about 7 years old, I was fortunate to watch wild sea torts lay eggs one full moon might on the beach with my uncle... And they have always been a creature I've wanted to be involved with)

I am super stoked, I've already learned a wealth of information in the last twelve hours... And am fascinated by these little creatures. Their size doesn't intimidate me, but the possible damage they can cause to my brand new (did it myself) landscaping is a bit concerning. Will be researching that when the spawn takes a nap - what may be poisonous to them is a concern...

JLSchmittou

5 Year Member
LMAO!!! Hey, regardless if it's a cat, dog, child.... Defication is super important... For the first year of my sons life I was poop obsessed!!! I'd call his doc and say "his poop is yellow... Does he have a stomach bug?!". I'm kind of crazy like that.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
When your post pops up, I'll answer it.

Hello and welcome. Are you in HI?

JLSchmittou

5 Year Member
No, Tom. Only in HI in spirit. In Mesa, AZ (don't hold it against me, we used to have a boat on Harbor island and I deep sea fishing... I love SoCal).... And while everyone is enjoying fall temps... It's still in the 100's here..

Status
Not open for further replies.