Don't think I'm crazy...

tortgirl123

Ok so this is way off TFO topic but I just need to know if I should go to the doctor?? I have OCD and I've had it almost all my life. Tonight I really scared myself. I was setting the table for dinner tonight ( my grandma is staying over for dinner so I had to place another chair at the table ) it was very tight with all the chairs scrunched up. I looked at it and automatically started over thinking things. I thought the plates would be to close together. I told my mom we should move to the dining room but she was dead set on sitting in the kitchen. It was seriously bugging me, and I don't know why. It makes me mad that I didn't get to have it my way and unorganized. I argued with my mother for ten minutes, I told her with my OCD it makes me constantly think about it and feel wired inside ( I don't know how to describe it. ) just little things like that tic me off and then I get mad because I can't control my OCD. My family has severe anxiety, it's inevitable that I will have it. Is this early signs of it? Should I go to the doctor about this? I don't really want to tell my mom cause she might think I belong in the Lunny bin! Jk! I just don't know what to do and why this upsets me so much. Any tips or past experiences? Thanks for letting me vent!

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Neverland!
I have anxiety, but as I've gotten older its easier to control. When things like that happen, just calm yourself down. Breath. :)

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I have it to . I went to the doctor and they gave me meds when I was fifteen or so . I don't like a bunch of people around me so I don't go to places where there is going to be big groups of people . If I do I have to have my meds . I have toys and bikes and dumb stuff from when I was a kid I can't let go of . I don't know why but the meds help . I can't think of the name of it but I'll look and get back to you .

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Like Mike, I can't trash stuff. Its hard. Once I do, I get this horrible feeling that I'm missing something. I never took meds though.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
It's called citalopram 40 mg once a day take all the anxiety away! Ha ha

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
That's weird. I have General Anxiety Disorder and mild OCD symptoms. But I'm the opposite. I throw everything away....even when I shouldn't. I'm the opposite of a hoarder. If things are cluttered/messy, I feel out of control.

Unfortunately, I seem to get worse with age. But I'm 45 with two kids in college, a not so great marriage, and an aging mother. So circumstances may be making things worse as well.

Ashes

5 Year Member
Iowa
I'm like you, Lisa.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Best thing for you to do, tortgirl123, is walk away from it. Go into a different room, or even your bedroom, and take deep breaths until you can calm down.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Don't get the wrong idea . I'm not a hoarder . I just take care of my stuff . The bikes and toys are my get away . I don't have all of the ones I had just the ones that have the most meaning . I have a train set my grandfather got me . That my son now plays with and my race bike and some free style bikes I made . I put a lot of my emotionsin my bikes . It way my out . I still like to go ride with my boys . My oldest ways really good on a bike . Now he is into dirt bikes . He works nights and some times goes to the track and ridea . Then goes home takes a shower then drives to work and sleeps in his truck . Crazy kid .

tortgirl123

Thanks so much! I talked to my mother and she really helped!mall of your recommendations helped too! My mom told me if this kind of thing happens again I should go to the doctor. Thanks for your help!