Dog proof outdoor play pen?? ꕥ

Honey001

Location (City and/or State)
Birmingham UK
So we are coming into summer now and this will be my first summer with my tortoise and I want to be able to give him as much outdoor time as possible so he can soak up the natural sun rays. However, I do not have enough space currently to build an enclosure that can be there permanently so it kinda needs to be one that I can pack away or push to the side when not in use. My other two problems are that I live quite rural and there are foxes and birds of prey around so I need it to be fade to keep out predators and also I have two dogs who don’t particularly like him. One of these dogs like to pee up absolutely everything that is outside so I know that if I put one out there it has to have enough space for my boy to be free from the splash zone. Does anyone know a play per or a pop up enclosure I can buy that would meet all the requirements? Or even any ideas how I can adapt a pretty standard play pen to turn it into one that fits my standards?
Thabkyouuuu much loveeeee <3
(Attached picture of what I mean cuz I know my writing causes a lot of confusion)

Attachments

• B1D34277-F0C6-48CA-99E4-D844476CFA28.png
    B1D34277-F0C6-48CA-99E4-D844476CFA28.png
    166.1 KB · Views: 3

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The wired one with the cover over it would work. However if you have a digger like a Russian then you would need to put chicken wire or similar on the bottom

Honey001

Birmingham UK
The wired one with the cover over it would work. However if you have a digger like a Russian then you would need to put chicken wire or similar on the bottom
Hi thankyou so much for answering! I have a 1 year old Hermann and although he doesn’t dig that much he does like pushing things and is very strong so would 100% be able push that. Do you still think chicken wire would work best for him?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I ordered a puppy play pen last year and it came with U type anchors. I don't think with the anchors he would be able to push it.
If you fixed a solid sight barrier around the lower portion so he couldn't see out, that would help him from trying to get thru it. Something like black landscaping fabric could be fixed in with zip ties.
As long as he doesn't dig then you shouldn't need anything on the bottom.