Dog grabbed Hemi and ran!

Status
Not open for further replies.

honu

5 Year Member
Ok... that happened to you too? My dog grabbed my tortoise too! He still has some scrapes on his shell, but its better... just take EXTRA good care of him! And to keep your dog away theres some type of spray that smells really bad to dogs that keeps them away and just spray that around the border and just to be safe, put it a few feet in front of it too! Best wishes, and good luck!

SailingMystic

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Chester County, PA
honu said:
Ok... that happened to you too? My dog grabbed my tortoise too! He still has some scrapes on his shell, but its better... just take EXTRA good care of him! And to keep your dog away theres some type of spray that smells really bad to dogs that keeps them away and just spray that around the border and just to be safe, put it a few feet in front of it too! Best wishes, and good luck!

Thank you. I am giving him his space and a lot of love and care. His personality is shining through! :) he's pushing and digging again. He borrowed under me when I had him on the floor to observe him for a few minutes. He's walking fine. He hasn't opened his mouth too eat-- so I'm still hoping he will eat soon. :(

SailingMystic

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Chester County, PA
Hemi is healing nicely. It's been a week of care and today he enjoyed his afternoon outside in the sun. He loved it!! I never saw such a happy tortoise :) he was soooo super active! Thank you all again!

Status
Not open for further replies.