Doesnt want soaks?

Cleopatra 2020

Location (City and/or State)
El Mirage. Az
Just wondering if I should be concerned that she doesn't want to soak she's a 3 month old leopard hatchling that I've had it for a couple weeks now normally she just sprawls out and enjoys her soaks but today was the first time she didn't want to soak at all just wanted to climb out so I put her in her enclosure with some food which she definitely seemed more interested in and started eating right away eagerly I think maybe she was hungrier for food than a soak

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
A lot of them don't like to be put into water. When I have babies here, I put them into the tub of water and leave them in there while I prepare the food. Too bad if they don't like it. They stay in there until I put the food into the enclosure. Sometimes it's only a few minutes, sometimes it's over a half hour.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Just wondering if I should be concerned that she doesn't want to soak she's a 3 month old leopard hatchling that I've had it for a couple weeks now normally she just sprawls out and enjoys her soaks but today was the first time she didn't want to soak at all just wanted to climb out so I put her in her enclosure with some food which she definitely seemed more interested in and started eating right away eagerly I think maybe she was hungrier for food than a soak
You should not be concerned. We call that the tortoise tread mill. All that activity is good exercise for them. Just make sure your water is warm enough, but not too hot.

waretrop

5 Year Member
NE Pa. Zone 5
I got Alice when she was 5 years old. She absolutely hated water. She goes into my shower once in a while but is never happy. I put her on a couple of large towels in her own room and keep a spray bottle of water near her heat element so it stays warm. Every day I give her a little spray down. She hates it...what can I say..JUST SHARING!

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
You should not be concerned. We call that the tortoise tread mill. All that activity is good exercise for them. Just make sure your water is warm enough, but not too hot.
I always check the temperatures always I can't stress that enough and she usually goes in at 96-97 and comes out at about 88 for the fresh change and something else I didn't think about my wife says she's she soaks during the day while I'm at work she'll lay in her water bowl at times probably just to cool down from the Basking light I'm thinking