1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Does my tortoise look healthy and am I doing everything ok?

Discussion in 'North American Tortoises (genus Gopherus)' started by Ciki, Jun 9, 2019.

Help Support Tortoise Forums by donating:

1. Ciki

Ciki New Member

Location (City and/or State):
    Yuma
    I'm one of those sort of people who are constantly worrying something is wrong even if Im not really doing anything wrong.. In a way, its a good thing, because it means I'll look into it.

Here's how I care for her.

Diet: Mazuri, (safe) weeds, endive (for when I run out of weeds)
    - She is bathed every day with warm waterfor 20-25 minutes
    - I take her outside when it isn't freakishly hot for exercise (and watch her like a hawk)
    - Humidity is normally around 70%
    - Temperature is 70-85 (cool area to warm area)
    - Enclosure size is more than 10 times her length and 5 times her width (heard that was a good measurement)
    - Bedding is cyphress mulch
    - I spray her hide a bit at night to keep it humid in there
    20190609_190859_HDR.jpg

Edit: Oh also!! Do any of you think you could give an estimate on how old she is? She is definitely at least 6 months old.
  2. Cooper horn

Cooper horn Member

Vernon Texas
    (These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    I say that your doing good and could you possibly send more pics of your tortoise and it’s enclosure
  3. Yvonne G

Yvonne G Old Timer TFO Admin 10 Year Member! Platinum Tortoise Club

Clovis, CA
    I'd say not quite a year yet.