Does my red foot get lonely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squirtle's Mother

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Marina, CA
I not sure if Squirt is lonely. I know it sounds silly, but all of my other animals have a mate or two(sometimes more)[/font]. She seems find by herself. She has wonderful personality. I really love her so much. Since I'm so very new to this, can someone help me. thanks

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I would have to say, in my opinion, they are perfectly content as the only one :D

Others may have different opinions, but they are generally just fine being solo.

Squirtle's Mother

5 Year Member
Marina, CA
Squirtle said:
I not sure if Squirt is lonely. I know it sounds silly, but all of my other animals have a mate or two(sometimes more)[/font]. She seems find by herself. She has wonderful personality. I really love her so much. Since I'm so very new to this, can someone help me. thanks

Thanks I need some reassurance!

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
I would say, no. And agree that he is probably fine by himself. If you like me, feel you should get another to keep him happy, get at least two more. For some reason, three has less competition for who is enclosure boss. So, if you have room and want to add more, do it in odd numbers or numbers over two.

Just my 2 cents worth, for what it is worth.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Red-foots are semi-social animals that often share hides and follow each other in the wild. They do very nicely with companions and I think that is the better method, assuming you have the room and resources- but they also do very well by themselves as is demonstrated by lots and lots of keepers.

Squirtle's Mother

5 Year Member
Marina, CA
Hello I wanted to know about getting a small pet heater from K&H products. Would Squirt be alright if I placed it under her enclosure? See, it can be sunny in Marina, CA. But it can still be slightly cold. What should I do? Just keep her inside, or place the heater under the enclosure? thanks in advance. Jolie

Status
Not open for further replies.