Do you think this is real??

Status
Not open for further replies.

JourneyTort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ontario, Canada

I think it is real IF you want to throw your money away. Personally, anything from Cameroon/internet is a scam. It's not worth it.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have heard that too about scams and Cameroon. No first hand experience, though.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
And my question would be, Why? Even if it is real, you would need an import license to get anything from him into the country.

Danny

Madortoise

5 Year Member
Why does this guy look so familiar? Someone said that there's a search by face--somehow the software recognizes all the facial structure/features to identify the person. I thought that was both cool and scary but I guess I see a use for that now.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Its FAKE. Look at the second picture....WHY doesn't the stamped on seal go over his picture? He cut and pasted it in.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Meg: You're just too sharp. I didn't even notice that. Good job!

Kadaan

5 Year Member
Irvine, CA
The font on the first photo is also horribly faked. Who would use PURPLE ink in a typewriter? Besides, typewriters are nearly always in a serif font. You can also see the font used for his name and the company name don't match anything else on the page, but DO match the fake font on the first image :p. He should at least take a Photoshop 101 course before trying to scam people!

I'd expect the government there would keep records, and the breeder would be able to give you contact information so you could get a copy/verification of the permit directly.

SunsetHypo

5 Year Member
Agree with all of the above fake! Don't through your money away. I contacted this Goran reptiles and he sent me some fake pictures. I think his supposed contact is Erik Paulson and another name he uses is Mike Mcarthy somewhere in Las Vegas New Mexico. He sent me his address and I googled it and it was some hotel in New Mexico. Scam Scam Scam. Aldabras are expensive in every country if you really want one just contact Ed on this forum. I got one from him and am very happy with it.

Gary

sammi

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
Also, if you look rreeeeally closely at the second page where it says 'GORAN REPTILES" you can see the very faint bottom of letters that used to be in that box.

Status
Not open for further replies.