Do tortoises yawn ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

galvinkaos

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Temple City, Ca
I have seen all 3 of mine do it at one time or another. Very cute and I never have a camera handy.

Dawna

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Yes they do. Dale hasn't done it in a while at least not in front of me, but I've seen him do it especially after his late night parties. :D

galvinkaos

5 Year Member
Temple City, Ca
Candy said:
Yes they do. Dale hasn't done it in a while at least not in front of me, but I've seen him do it especially after his late night parties. :D

Candy, maybe "Dale the party tortoise" has just gotten better at hiding the signs of his parties. (The kids learned to empty the trash before I got home) :p

Dawna

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
Mine does every morning when I turn his lights on and he comes out of his home.

lezsolt

5 Year Member
I see my redfoot yawn once or twice ever day (usually after waking up and during relaxing). Very cute.:)

twtraudio

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ya my new burmese lets out big yawns its kinda funny. Scared me at first thought maybe he couldnt breath but its only when hes relaxing or just waking up !

Weloveourtortoise

5 Year Member
Gardner, MA
Charlie yawns all the time when he is stretching! Here is a picture we happened to get of him on day-- Same pic I used to get my tatoo of him - Bon
charlie2003.jpg

desertsss

5 Year Member
Gordo and Twitch yawn after they bask after eating. It is so cute, I think it is contagious for torts too, because as soon as one yawns the other does as well. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.