Do tortoises moult?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Yes is it normal? I have the enclosure's humidity at 65 to 70%

super important to "see" what you mean....shedding to me may be different to the next person....I have seen snakes shed, I have seen water turtles shed and then there is a land tortoise...there may be issues of dehydration ? or normal "dryness"...may we please see a pic of what you are referring to?

Pure Tortoise Power

Hong Kong
super important to "see" what you mean....shedding to me may be different to the next person....I have seen snakes shed, I have seen water turtles shed and then there is a land tortoise...there may be issues of dehydration ? or normal "dryness"...may we please see a pic of what you are referring to?
I'll take a pic of it a few hours later coz it's asleep and I don't want to interrupt. Sorry for the inconvenience.

TardisMyTortoise

Wisconsin
My Sulcata is doing the same thing right now and it totally freaked me out! Got my guy a week ago today someone in a sulcata group
I am In said that it was a “stress shed” IMG_4096.jpg

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I can't take clear pics of the spot as it keeps retracting it's head, but here it isView attachment 262235
@Tom

I am tagging in Tom.....I see a beautiful little tortoise....its little legs look like they need to be plumped up :))) and I know we should refrain from kissing tortoise...but that is a completely kissable face....

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
My Sulcata is doing the same thing right now and it totally freaked me out! Got my guy a week ago today someone in a sulcata group
I am In said that it was a “stress shed” View attachment 262246
@Tom

Tagged Tom in here also....I have never heard that warm and fuzzy "don't worry" phrase. If the person is use to having stressed tortoise I would be worried ....

Pure Tortoise Power

Hong Kong
@Tom

I am tagging in Tom.....I see a beautiful little tortoise....its little legs look like they need to be plumped up :))) and I know we should refrain from kissing tortoise...but that is a completely kissable face....
Yep. That's why I let this cutie join my family.

TardisMyTortoise

Wisconsin
@Tom

Tagged Tom in here also....I have never heard that warm and fuzzy "don't worry" phrase. If the person is use to having stressed tortoise I would be worried ....

Not sure where the miscommunication lies here but in both cases we have “new to us torts”. It is perfectly normal for a tort to go through a dress shed in a brand new enclosure- new smells, etc. but no worries, I did not take some random person‘s word for it over the Internet. I did take mine in to the vet just to make sure all was fine and healthy. Nobody ever said it was normal for a tortoise to live it’s life stressed out. Only that they can get stressed out when they are in a new home, new environment.

Lastly, I am new here LOL who is Tom? ‍♀️

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Not sure where the miscommunication lies here but in both cases we have “new to us torts”. It is perfectly normal for a tort to go through a dress shed in a brand new enclosure- new smells, etc. but no worries, I did not take some random person‘s word for it over the Internet. I did take mine in to the vet just to make sure all was fine and healthy. Nobody ever said it was normal for a tortoise to live it’s life stressed out. Only that they can get stressed out when they are in a new home, new environment.

Lastly, I am new here LOL who is Tom? ‍♀️

Nope....never had a tortoise go through a "stress shed" ever. Tom, he is kinda just a guy that lurks around the forum and knows some stuff about this species of tortoise....enjoy.