diet!

Vibes

Location (City and/or State)
South Florida
i have a redfoot tort, and a Russian tort. When i feed my redfoot strawberry's i feel bad and give one to my Russian. I give my Russian one every 2 months is that okay?

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Just a tiny bit is okay but really watch the sugar they can’t handle it like the red foots. Just hope the Russian doesn’t get hooked on em cause they can be very stubborn. Give your Russian some pansy blooms if you wanna spoil it

Vibes

South Florida
Just a tiny bit is okay but really watch the sugar they can’t handle it like the red foots. Just hope the Russian doesn’t get hooked on em cause they can be very stubborn. Give your Russian some pansy blooms if you wanna spoil it
i have a hibiscus plant in the enclosure, i spoil her with that sometimes :)

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
i have a redfoot tort, and a Russian tort. When i feed my redfoot strawberry's i feel bad and give one to my Russian. I give my Russian one every 2 months is that okay?
Your Redfoot can have a diet that is over 50% fruit.
That would kill most other tortoises.
However, one strawberry every 2 months seems ok to me for a Russian.

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
Welcome!

I know I’m on the extreme side but I don’t ever give my Russian fruit. She gets a ton of flowers outdoors and the occasional carrot and other “sugary” vegetable and that’s more than enough.

I know it’s hard not to treat them, though. An entire one at one go seems like it could throw a Russian off. What about offering just the top of one, along with some of the stem?

Vibes

South Florida
Welcome!

I know I’m on the extreme side but I don’t ever give my Russian fruit. She gets a ton of flowers outdoors and the occasional carrot and other “sugary” vegetable and that’s more than enough.

I know it’s hard not to treat them, though. An entire one at one go seems like it could throw a Russian off. What about offering just the top of one, along with some of the stem?
good to know!