Desert Tort & Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

badkitty

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cecilia, Kentucky
This is an older pic, My desert tortoise Brutus would scratch at the glass door to come inside when it was too hot. My cats & dogs get along great with him.

r7rlh0.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I hope you never, ever leave the animals alone together with the tortoise without close supervision the whole time. There are no reasons they should be together alone. Too many tragedies. Check out Tom's latest thread.
Now that I have given you a no, no talk:p:D Very cute animals:D. Love the tortoise scratching at the door, too :cool:

badkitty

10 Year Member!
Cecilia, Kentucky
The torts are always supervised. He has an large outdoor pen where he lives but is allowed to roam the yard for a couple of hours for some exercise. The dogs are kenneled when I can't supervise 100 percent. The cats just treat him like one of them.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Nice pic.

Most people already know about the dog and tortoise thing, but some don't realize how quickly or how severely it can go bad. Seems like you are already well aware, but better safe than sorry. I'd rather mention it in case someone didn't know than omit it and have a disaster later on...

Anyway, great picture and thanks for sharing it with us. :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
badkitty said:
The torts are always supervised. He has an large outdoor pen where he lives but is allowed to roam the yard for a couple of hours for some exercise. The dogs are kenneled when I can't supervise 100 percent. The cats just treat him like one of them.

Good for you. I am glad you already take precautions. Just needed to make sure, before something bad happened:D

Snapper925

5 Year Member
Joliet,IL
RE: Desert Tort & Cat

My girlfriends cat enjoys sitting in her tower and watching the torts eat :) she usually falls asleep to it,
Cute picture:D

Status
Not open for further replies.