Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Here comes the next one. She'll make #6 when she'd done hanging out in her shell:
21jw0sj.jpg

The next day:
2ce0wzq.jpg

Here's what we got so far, not counting the one still hatching above. I haven't checked them this morning yet, so there might be more.
2s0lnbr.jpg

murdocjunior

10 Year Member!
South, Texas
Thats very nice Tom congrats again man. Keep us updated please i love to see the hatching life.

ADVANceNA

5 Year Member
they're so tiny ! brings smiles across all our faces im sure !

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
All the scutes are spotted...I don't remember any of last year's being spotted at all...of course I was more tuned into their gargantuan size than anything else!;)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Yeah. All six look very similar. And they are from two different females. Must be Daddy's genes controlling that.

zoogrl

5 Year Member
Missouri
They are beautiful! Keep updates of J's egg if you would, I'm pulling for it to not be a dud & be a beautiful baby tortoise for you Jacqui! :D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D I have to admit, I keep checking back in here to see if there is any news on the "J" egg. :D I hope it turns out to be one of the darker ones...of course extra scutes would be nice. :p Then comes the tough choices, like should I get another one to raise with him (I am one who tends to believe singles lack something because they have no competition :cool: ) Plus I only have about a dozen names circling around in my head. :D All of this, for a dud. :cool: :p :D

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba
That's so awesome Tom. Congratulations to you! (and parents of coarse).

I really wish I could put an "R" on one of those eggs... tortoises are alot harder to find here in Canada. Not much for variety!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Jacqui said:
:D I have to admit, I keep checking back in here to see if there is any news on the "J" egg. :D I hope it turns out to be one of the darker ones...of course extra scutes would be nice. :p Then comes the tough choices, like should I get another one to raise with him (I am one who tends to believe singles lack something because they have no competition :cool: ) Plus I only have about a dozen names circling around in my head. :D All of this, for a dud. :cool: :p :D

I've never hatched a split scute. Don't know why. You can have two if you want them Jacqui, but I prefer trios. Last year they hatched over a two week span. So, it might be another week or so. I check them two or three times a day now. The anticipation is killing me.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
murdocjunior said:
Any updates Tom?

No. Nothing. Four of them look solid when I candle them, but no pips since the last update. They did this last year too.

I'll have clutches hatching continually from now until September. One female just laid 24 eggs the other day. Tell anyone you know that wants a healthy sulcata baby.:)

I've got a third experiment for this year just waiting for some babies too. I'll probably hold back three for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.