Decor ideas

AWW

I have a Russian and was wondering what you all use to keep them entertained? Toys, rocks, or other things.

Captain Albert Watson Walkslow

Recent tortoise owners.
Future Pharmacist.
And also a biologist.

lismar79

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio USA
Mine was ripping apart her tank until I built her a mini obstacle course. added a bunch of rocks & a bridge that she uses as a cave!

Attachments

• IMG_5411.JPG
    IMG_5411.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_5406.JPG
    IMG_5406.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 89

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
I just toss in random stones and pots. I sometimes pull branches off my trees and toss them in as well.

BorisTort

5 Year Member
I agree with both of those suggestions! My tortoise would scratch the sides (and still does from time to time) of his enclosure like crazy. So I put some rocks, a plant, and some misc. decor in and he spends a lot of time climbing around them. I would guess that's as close as "playing" as you'll get.

Puckles🐢

5 Year Member
I really like that rock bride idea, but i have asian culture in me so I try to add in a little of that flare like pagodas and Those bonsai trees from petsmart? But I try finding heavy decorations because they always seem to trample the light ones haha, goodluck!;)

AWW

Do Russians enjoy small balls? Does anyone use Lincoln-logs??

Captain Albert Watson Walkslow

Recent tortoise owners.
Future Pharmacist.
And also a biologist.

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
I do all of those things. My crew are very busy and I have several kinds of enrichment for them. Balls, logs, lunch bag full of crunchy leaves, rocks to climb. They are a busy active species.