decisions, decisions don't you just hate making them.

jeffjeff

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
cumbria england
which one to choose? Its sooo hard when i want them all. Its nearly as bad as trying to pic a name. so far i like the one right in the middle and name wise so far we have hoshi. the wife said no to fluffybutterfishvonlicktionstein the 1st. dunno why i thought it was fun and unique lol.
STARSEPT1a.jpg

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
They are all beautiful. How can you choose?
Put them all in a bag, give it a shake and choose the first on you pull out!

jeffjeff

5 Year Member
cumbria england
When did you get a badly started one , what do you mean ?
before i knew any better got one from a pet shop that was housed all wrong it was fed a very bad diet of fruit and veg kept on wood shavings ect it lasted less than a year before dying, i tried every thing and spent a small fortune trying to save it. so this time i've been super paranoid and double and triple checked every thing. The breeder must be sick of me and my questions lol.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
before i knew any better got one from a pet shop that was housed all wrong it was fed a very bad diet of fruit and veg kept on wood shavings ect it lasted less than a year before dying, i tried every thing and spent a small fortune trying to save it. so this time i've been super paranoid and double and triple checked every thing. The breeder must be sick of me and my questions lol.
Yeah, I think I read about your sad loss.
Always wise to be cautious and what we learn on this forum can save lives and help us know which tort to get.
Good luck

puffy137

Yes thats sad. Feeding them the wrong diet can cause all sorts of problems esp too much fruit. I've had mine since the 1990's , I think they were probably wild from Jordan or Syria , no way of finding out . One thing I'm sure about is that they thrive on sunlight. Summer is on the way , so try to make the most of it. The temperature here in the Gulf is about 26*f in the day , dropping to about 18*f at night. The tortoises all line up on the wall, where the first sunshine hits. They know whats good for them.2015-03-19 11.10.02.jpg

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
That is a super photo!
Clever torts.
It's not as hot here yet and we've had rain this week, unusual for this time of year.
Isn't it great to have people from all these different countries and continents?