They will be ready soon!

Thomas tortoise

Location (City and/or State)
Arkansas
Okay. So as most of you know i will be getting 2 more sulctata tortoises from this tortoise farm. And he is gonna try to hatch them out as females so the only thing I need help with is picking names. I probably won't pick a name till I see them so I know what name fits their personality. But I would like a List of names that I can choose from. So any halp from y'all would be great. Here are the names I have so far. Veera, Magnolia, and Cruella. 😂 If you have any suggestions then please tell me!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I thought your parents wanted you to rehome the sully you already have because you didn't have room for it.
How are you going to house 3?🤷‍♀️

Thomas tortoise

Arkansas
I thought your parents wanted you to rehome the sully you already have because you didn't have room for it.
How are you going to house 3?🤷‍♀️
I already posted a thread about this. So we went to a tortoise farm and it was so cool. But I found out its not that hard to house them in the winter. We have a big shed so all I have to do is insulate a part of it and heat it for the winter. And we already have 2 outdoor pens ready. And if it doesnt work out this tortoise farm will board my tortoises for the winter. And I can rehome them if nothing works out. And since my parents realized it not to much work they decided to ket me get more.

Thomas tortoise

Arkansas
I already posted a thread about this. So we went to a tortoise farm and it was so cool. But I found out its not that hard to house them in the winter. We have a big shed so all I have to do is insulate a part of it and heat it for the winter. And we already have 2 outdoor pens ready. And if it doesnt work out this tortoise farm will board my tortoises for the winter. And I can rehome them if nothing works out. And since my parents realized it not to much work they decided to ket me get more.
*let*.... the tortoise farm texted me. One week till the babies are ready! 😁

Thomas tortoise

Arkansas
Congratulations! 🥰
I can't wait! I'm just a little less excited as I was when I got my first tortoise but still! Its really exciting. I will post photos of them and keep y'all updated on their growth. I can't wait to feel their smooth shell when they are older! 😂 their enclosures are holding up nicely. Around 90% humidity. But that is before I heat it.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I can't wait! I'm just a little less excited as I was when I got my first tortoise but still! Its really exciting. I will post photos of them and keep y'all updated on their growth. I can't wait to feel their smooth shell when they are older! 😂 their enclosures are holding up nicely. Around 90% humidity. But that is before I heat it.
Don't forget
humidity + right temps = healthy tort
humidity + too cold = sick tort

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
You should heat the enclosure and run it with all bulbs, thermostats and timers set up for several days and nights. No doubt that some fine tuning will need to be done, and all that needs to be done and perfect BEFORE the new babies come home.

Thomas tortoise

Arkansas
You should heat the enclosure and run it with all bulbs, thermostats and timers set up for several days and nights. No doubt that some fine tuning will need to be done, and all that needs to be done and perfect BEFORE the new babies come home.
I was planning on doing that today and let it run till I get them.

Reactions: Tom

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
LOL....I'm smiling FOR you Thomas and your enthusiasm! Tenaciousness has it's benefits and you worked out a way to make it all possible. To me, that's the coolest part!

Success is everywhere....no doubt you will do a great job with the little guys......congrats and enjoy the day!

and thank you.....for your nearly 600 posts since Jan....finally someone that talks more than I do! LOL

jeff

Thomas tortoise

Arkansas
LOL....I'm smiling FOR you Thomas and your enthusiasm! Tenaciousness has it's benefits and you worked out a way to make it all possible. To me, that's the coolest part!

Success is everywhere....no doubt you will do a great job with the little guys......congrats and enjoy the day!

and thank you.....for your nearly 600 posts since Jan....finally someone that talks more than I do! LOL

jeff
Thank you! I literally can't believe I'm going to go through the whole awesome experience of getting more baby tortoises in 6 hours and 18 minutes! 😁🤣

Reactions: Ink

Maddoggy

Vero Beach Florida
Okay. So as most of you know i will be getting 2 more sulctata tortoises from this tortoise farm. And he is gonna try to hatch them out as females so the only thing I need help with is picking names. I probably won't pick a name till I see them so I know what name fits their personality. But I would like a List of names that I can choose from. So any halp from y'all would be great. Here are the names I have so far. Veera, Magnolia, and Cruella. 😂 If you have any suggestions then please tell me!
I like tip toes

Thomas tortoise

Arkansas
I've got them! The reason you see three is because I got one for our neighbor. (Sorry for the blurry pic)20220503_191928.jpg
Pictures of the farm...20220503_174533.jpg20220503_174117.jpg
In case your wondering why the leopard doesn't look so good is because... He rescued it...
20220503_174108.jpg