Daisy, Tuck and Trey

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
No...Tom had acquired a female with a nice sheen to her shell. I believe she was named Goldie by her previous owner! And she is gorgeous! I'll say no more as I feel Tom will delve deeper into this subject...eventually! ;)

Goldie came to me from an awesome tortoise forum member who lives down in Orange county. She initially bought two babies and and raised them very well. They lived in her back yard with a proper heated shelter, were fed well, and very much cared for in every way. All was good until they hit maturity and one turned out to be a male and the other female. Her male went from following her around like a puppy and being an excellent pet to incessantly humping, chasing and generally harassing his "sister". She divided the yard and all the male did was incessantly pace the fence trying to get at the female. With a very heavy heart, she called me and asked me if I would like to give Goldy a good home. I can't remember if Goldy was already her name or if my daughter renamed her, but she's a great tortoise. The moral of the story is, again..., pairs are not a good idea. The story has a happy ending, as her male went back to being an excellent, inquisitive, friendly pet just a few days after Goldy left, and Goldy now lives in a giant pen with a summer burrow and lots of weeds to eat.

Here's Goldy:
2s69bms.jpg

Looks like she'd been playing in the mud hole.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
I think she needs to come hang out with Monstro in a few years ;)

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
They are so sweet! I have a 75 gram Daisy! My mom that passed away 12 years ago had a Pomeranian that was named Daisy May .. well my husband and I always wanted a big tortoise, so once he pushed the “confirm order “ button ... here comes our Sulcata. I was thinking of cool military names (we have 2 kids that are ARMY vets that were deployed to Afghanistan and Iraq).

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
Ok so my mom always said that after she died she would come back and rattle pots and pans in kitchen to let us know she was still was with us (I’m the baby of 7 and she was always cooking) I’ve been waiting for the damn pots and pans to rattle! NOOOOO nothing... so a few weeks ago, right after Kevin bought our baby, he said, I had a dream, and I want to name her Daisy! I WAS SO MAD ... ugh .... my Mom just ain’t right!!! Kevin met her only 1 time and it was a few days before she died... this is just wrong! She better send me a sign or she will gave hell to pay when I die LOL