Daisy at the fair!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinque

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
I almost forgot to post a thread for this!! I can't believe I almost forgot!
This week is the week the county fair for my county is in town, so I entered some of my critters in the pocket pets contest (it's like all the other ones, except open to all small animals), including daisy! :) in this contest I entreated peanut (mouse), cuddles (guinea pig), and daisy (who I'm pretty sure is the only tortoise there). On Friday there is also a dog show in which i entered chewy and lily, my puggles. Lily is in a costume contest wearing a special shirt I made special for her (she's supposed to be a beauty queen) and chewy is in the obedience section of the contest since he is the most obedient and focuses the best (well, if you have treats). Wish us luck this week! :p

P.S. I'll post the results today when I find out and/or get home. Again, wish us luck!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
GOOD LUCK and don't forget pics of all the animals. I want to see the dog in costume too:)

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
Awww. Good luck and take lots of pix! Will Daisy be doing any tricks? You know, those exotic tortoise tricks like hiding in plain sight, sniffing at a flower and digging a hole.

Chinque

5 Year Member
Florida
She can dig a really big hole if that's a trick. Daisy got 1st place, best tortoise, and most beautiful shell, cuddles got 4th place (this may not sound good, but it was her first contest and there were a TON of other guinea pigs), and peanut won smallest and best mouse! YAY!! So, overall, we did very well in our first contest! I even met another Russian tortoise keeper there! :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
COMGRATS. Thats really good. Don't forget to post the pics, costume, ribbons and winner, if they got ribbons:)

Chinque

5 Year Member
Florida
Cuddles died. :( she overheated. I wanted to take her home, but the people wouldn't let me... :(

Chinque

5 Year Member
Florida
It's ok, I guess... My mom wants to get another one, but I want to get a conure

Chinque

5 Year Member
Florida
I don't know... Maybe because it wasn't on schedule. Or because the other guinea pigs were ok. It wasn't fair, because they let someone take their chinchilla home...

TortoiseLuv0131

5 Year Member
Eastern USA
Oh my gosh! I am so sorry. That must be so hard for you. I hope that you can get a new guinea pig, or conure, soon!

Leopard Tortoise Lover 16199

5 Year Member
That is ridiculous they wouldn't let you take her home! She's your own pet, and you should be able to take her home whenever you want to!! So sorry to hear about that. :( :( :(

Chinque

5 Year Member
Florida
It's ok, I guess. Thank you everyone for your support and everything! Today I talked to a lady who helped out with a lot of the exhibits lady (I forget her name) and she offered to buy me a new one since it died at the fair and said she was really sorry that cuddles died, so I think I might take it and get another guinea pig as a 4-h thing. Again, if anyone has some information on 4-h that isn't on the website, please pm me

Chinque

5 Year Member
Florida
Our awards!
From the dog show...
ImageUploadedByTortForum1373153557.113067.jpg
Peanuts awards...
ImageUploadedByTortForum1373153585.160515.jpg
Daisys awards...
ImageUploadedByTortForum1373153620.961044.jpg
And cuddles' award...