cuttle bone/ calcium Q

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linzbragg

5 Year Member
I put calcium supplement Ob Frank's food, but I also decided to throw some cuttle bone pieces un his cage. He devoures them as soon as he sees them. Does that means he needs it or is he just being a glutton? Is too much calcium bad?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Calcium and sunshine work together, without the one the other is useless. he may or may not need it, he may just be taking advantage of an opportunity when he sees one.

mary t

5 Year Member
Lakeland, florida
Willie did the same the first couple times I put the cuttle bones in his habitat, I reread a bunch of old threads on here and decided for myself it must be because he needed it ( I know in 6 years he has a little calcium) so I threw several small ones into the habitat and watched them, he will play, push it around, and nibble here and there but he had stopped devouring them, I do notice that if I sprinkle calcium on his food 1 x a week he tends to eat more cuttlebone... So In my opinion and I'm really new at his but if they are eating it they need it.. I'll be happy to follow this thread and see what others think...

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
At younger ages, with plenty of real SUNSHINE, let him have all he can eat! As an Adult.... Well, I KNOW WalkingRock won't touch the stuff unless it is sprinkled very lightl on his food.

Linzbragg

5 Year Member
Laura said:
i think it means he needs it.. he will poop out what he doenst need.. but does he see sunshine?

Right now it's too cold for him to get real sunshine, but he has a basking lamp with UVB and linear bulb that's 10.0 UVB. He's under them all the time, and I put calcium on his food everyday. I'll let him eat his fill. I just didn't want it to be bad for him. I couldn't believe how he tore it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.